At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Polaris Huntsville Internal Promotion / Transfer Requirements:
- New Hires must have 1 year Continuous Service from Polaris Hire Date
- 6 Months Between Department Transfers or Promotions
- No Active Corrective Actions
- 3 or Less Attendance Occurrences in each Attendance Category
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review, if applicable.
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
- If selected for the position, you are required to move into the position upon the effective date. If you are no longer interested in the position, you must withdraw prior to an offer being presented.
Depending on qualifications & experience of applicant, position may be filled in a Grade 2. Assist maintenance personnel with all mechanical and hydraulic repairs on injection molding equipment, robotic systems, and associated auxiliary equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support training and development of other technicians.
- Assist other Plastic Technicians with projects.
- Provide technical support to supervisor.
- Maintain and record accurate parts inventory including preparing purchase requisitions.
- Provide support and involvement in developing and implementing preventative maintenance schedules on equipment.
- Maintain clean work environment.
- Participate in Cell Teams and 5S activities.
- Complete all new training requirements including, but not limited to robot programming and maintenance training (hydraulics and electrical).
- Ability and willingness to work overtime as required; "on-call" duty may be required over holidays and weekends.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Two-year degree, or equivalent work experience and ongoing participation in training leading to a 2-year degree as available
- 3 - 5 Years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment in lieu of degree requirement.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to read and interpret hydraulic and electrical prints. • Ability to use a variety of computer software packages.
- Must have proven knowledge of the injection molding and auxiliary equipment operations.
- Must have exceptional mechanical and electrical abilities.
- Must be able to install and extract injection molds.
- Must demonstrate leadership potential and have effective communication skills.
- Must be innovative and open to new ideas.
- Must be able to work at heights of 30+ft.
- Must be able to work in confined areas as needed.
- Must be a team player. • Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to obtain certification as Polaris forklift driver.
- Fast-paced environment
- Manufacturing setting
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.