Associate HR ManagerHuntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
In partnership with the Site HR Manager, the Associate HR Manager will assist aligning HR strategy to business strategy and act as a change agent to the business through process design and implementation.
The Associate HR Manager maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business’ health, its midrange plans, its culture, and its competition.
Essential Duties and Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with HR Manager to align HR strategy to business strategy
- Lead and/or support Human Resources deliverables to include performance management, talent selection, benefits enrollment, and other corporate initiatives
- Act as change agent to the business through process design and implementation that support change and transformation to best practice status
- Analyze site trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies
- Provides day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of topics to include employee relations issues, policy interpretation and application; talent management and development; and organizational design consultation
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues
- Conduct effective, thorough, and objective investigations
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance; partner with the legal department as needed/required
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Conduct ongoing supply and demand analysis for business partners on current and future state staffing and skill needs and assist designing talent acquisition strategies to meet those needs
- Performs talent acquisition for assigned client groups
- Actively participate in recruitment campaigns; job fairs; college relations programs; general networking; etc. to ensure robust candidate pipeline
- Grows and conserves network of contacts to help identify and source qualified candidates
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource or business-related field
- 5-10+ years of experience working as an HR Business Partner
- 3+ years experience in large scale manufacturing environment
- Proven strong foundation and knowledge of principles & practice of HR including employment law & compliance requirement
- Ability to make coach managers and employees and make recommendations to effectively resolve problems
- Client management and business literacy skills
- Ability to excel in a rapidly changing and fast-paced, and at times stressful environment
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong interpersonal, customer service, and negotiation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Master's Degree in Human Resources
- 10+ years experience in Human Resources within a production/manufacturing setting
- SPHR certification
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Travel to offsite locations
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.