At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Key Account Manager is responsible for growth of sales revenue to assigned commercial customers & dealers. Maintaining strong customer & dealer relationships as a single point of contact, creating new sales opportunities, and projecting a professional image on behalf of Polaris will be necessary for success. The Key Account Manager works closely with other team leaders to drive business growth and support customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set and achieve sales targets by assigned vertical markets & dealers.
- Create and submit formal product quotes to assigned customers & dealers and support quote opportunities for other sales team members.
- Use CRM as a single source of truth to record customer activity with quotes, orders, and invoices.
- Manage sales funnel in defined market verticals through use of CRM.
- Lead customer relationships and pursuits - serve as single point of contact with assigned customers & dealers regarding basic technical questions, order and delivery status, invoicing and accounts payable questions, and other related issues with the national account customers & dealers.
- Work with cross functional Sales Operations, Marketing, technical and non-technical teams to support all customer and dealer needs.
- Provide sales forecasts based on new sales opportunities within assigned accounts & dealers.
- Work with Polaris Work UTV and the Polaris Dealer Work UTV Field Sales team to ensure good coordination and avoid/minimize any channel conflict.
- Use vertical market knowledge to hunt for additional direct accounts, working in tandem with business development leadership to drive new sales revenue.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives, setting efficiency targets around customer experience.
- Create and share customer, marketplace, and competitive intelligence reporting.
- Represent Polaris in a professional manner at all times and promotes professionalism and goodwill within the dealer network.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of B2B sales experience is required; inside sales experience with Commercial B2B accounts is strongly preferred. Business-to-Business sales experience is required.
- Strong numeric skills, with the ability to calculate amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Basic knowledge and application of statistics.
- Proficiency with computer programs: Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Excellent phone and written communication skills are required.
- Location: Medina, MN preferred.
- Limited travel may be required (6-10 trips per year).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.