At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Performs Human Resources functions relating to recruitment, training, orientation, employee experience, and employee relations for a brand-new Engineering site. In addition, supports and participates in the design and implementation of HR initiatives and teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Recruiting: Source and Recruit Engineering talent for a new site
- Develops and implements recruitment and staffing strategies
- Partner with hiring managers to evaluate talent
- Conducts interviews to help in the candidate selection process.
Facility: Helps to provide appealing work site for hires
- Work cross-functionally to set up new facility – acts as advocate for the employee experience
- Helps with planning for site visits from leadership
Talent: Enables Talent to deliver on business goals
- Provides development coaching and leadership training to manager.
- Ensure robust onboarding of new employees, providing both the skills and cultural understanding needed for success.
- Assists in maintaining high level of employee retention.
Culture: Build upon the existing culture that exemplifies Polaris values and drives employer of choice status
- Support employee relations efforts and drive high employee engagement.
- Maintain open communication by proactively communicating
- Identify and implement opportunities to build a sense of team, camaraderie and community.
- Identify, communicate and problem-solve employee relations issues.
Organization: Design an organization built to succeed.
- Work closely with client to ensure an optimal structure for achieving desired results.
- Innovate and improve upon lateral capabilities within organization.
- Work with corporate centers of excellence to drive HR initiatives
Functional Excellence: Deliver excellent HR functional service
- Coach, counsel and leadership regarding Company policies and employment law. Ensure fairness and consistency.
- Execute HR annual processes (i.e., performance calibration, comp planning, 360, etc.).
- Carry out day to day HR tasks, as required.
- Participate in and/or drive safety action and engagement.
- Facilitate team meetings, project teams, and other events.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Additional Skills & Knowledge:
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Cultural savvy: able to discern key aspects of Polaris culture and maintain them
Education and Key Experiences:
- B.A. degree in Business Administration or related field
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience in Human Resources
- Experience with recruiting, preferable Engineering talent
- Experience with successful direct employee relations preferred
- Experience with an HRIS system-based software preferred
- Office and manufacturing environment. Some travel (<10%) required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.