At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Materials Engineer will develop and design a solid supply chain process across the network, responsible for establishing and implement the most cost-efficient methods to improve the product flow and logistics best efficiency. Perform all jobs safely, and accurately to maintain and improve the performance. Provide leadership that embodies our Polaris Production System principles. Demonstrate the company’s core values of customer focus, accountability, innovation, team player, and leadership as top required for this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instruction.
- Conducts indirect labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and workstations layout.
- Defines tooling and fixturing used in the supply chain process. Coordinates with tool designers to specify or procure new tooling, fixtures and ideas and fixtures.
- Analyzes and evaluates warehouse and logistics methods and standards. Provides solution to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researches methods and procedures for cost reduction, work cell development and material flow improvement.
- Assists in development and troubleshooting of warehouse equipment along with maintenance management.
- Reviews preliminary designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve warehouse operations and quality on new or existing parts.
- Develops detailed, complete and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
- Assists in preparation of capacity analysis and departmental budget including material, manpower, equipment and outside procurement costs, and operates within approved parameters.
- Process purchase requisitions and records as required.
- Team members are expected to work wherever needed based on training.
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area.
- Complete company provided training.
- Support and provide assessment associated with new packaging/labeling requirements in Monterrey Plant.
- Provide data mining and remediation of Quality documentation to support MTY Supply Chain operations.
- Ability participate develop, launch and validate projects simultaneously.
- Utilize technical and project experience to add to the Polaris Production System and Polaris teams’ body of knowledge to drive continuous improvement throughout the organization and company.
- Deliver guidance, and training for material tech and cross-functional team members about process, methods, and training guidance.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
- 3-5 years of Industrial Engineering experience.
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Must have PC/software proficiency including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook, autocad) and AS400
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and be efficient with multiple tasks
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Proficient English Language skills are preferred.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Plant warehouse and/or production floor.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.