At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
***ADVANCED NOTICE: THIS IS NOT A SALES POSITION***
ABOUT THE ORG
Polaris Adventures brings together a select network of Outfitters to provide premium ride and drive experiences at popular destinations nationwide. Creating safe, memorable, year-round adventures for all skill levels, Polaris Adventures offers worry free half and full-day options for couples, families and adventure groups in state-of-the-art Polaris™ vehicles.
As Polaris Adventures continues with rapid growth, this position plays a critical role in driving the success of assigned commercial operations outfitters & dealers as a member of the broader Account Management team.
A successful candidate leads the team by example establishing and maintaining relationships across a diverse group of stakeholders, communicating across teams, and making decisions within an established framework to meet onboarding and relationship targets. They are highly collaborative while managing outfitter needs alongside Polaris Adventures core values.
This is an exciting role that requires close team and outfitter partnership skills, leadership, a depth of business process knowledge, proactive problem solving, customer service, and the ability to effectively communicate and manage complex solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Each Regional Account Manager acts as the owner for an assigned group of key Outfitters within a specific region. The Regional Outfitter Account Manager will be based in-region and responsible for management of their Outfitters with in-person meetings as well as working cohesively with our Inside Team. They will also play a key role in our budding Membership Select business (B2C). Each Regional Outfitter Relations Specialist is responsible for key activities in onboarding, maintaining, and growing the business.
This individual will be responsible for our outfitters within the following region: Illinois, Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, and Ohio. Candidates must live within a reasonable distance from a major metropolitan airport within either, Illinois, Michigan, &/or Indiana.
- Customer Service: Lead and direct onsite ramp-up and operational support for new and existing accounts; provide on-site training of various processes and ensure understanding of program policies and guidelines.
- Communication: Establish meeting cadence (in-person, written & verbal) and expectations early; continuously build value proposition of ADV & Select with assigned outfitters and vendors
- Time Management: Ensure timely and successful implementation and training on all packages/solutions; coordinate with internal/external vendors, suppliers, and consultants.
- Attention to Detail: Identify inconsistencies in data or business process and raises appropriately; forecast and track key account metrics. Work cohesively with Inside Account Manager, identifying any gaps in processes or adherence to processes.
- Communication: Uses data and trends to tailor account management plans to outfitters highlighting growth opportunities, initiatives, program compliance, and NPS improvement. Present Monthly Business Reviews to Outfitter, touching on goals, program compliance and any initiatives that are in play.
- Customer Service: Anticipate and manage the needs of outfitters with proactive outreach (even out of season) and tailored recommendations; active promoter of self-service portal & tools
- Customer Service: Nurture ongoing outfitter relationships and act as an escalation point on specified issues.
- Decision Making/Recommendations: Use available data sources (market trends, ride statistics, etc) to formulate strategic plans and make recommendations to outfitters
- Customer Service: Identify and grow opportunities within existing accounts; focus on building high quality experiences
- Proactive: Listen for opportunities to create warm leads and transfer local market knowledge to business development team (i.e., competitive intelligence, expansion and growth initiatives, marketing activities)
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field of study, &/or an Associate's Degree with equivalent working experience is required.
- 5+ years of in person Client Relationship Management or Account Management experience; demonstrated ability to manage relationships across multiple organizations and locations, serving a variety of needs
- Experience leading teams &/or projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with experience delivering presentations or trainings tailored to the needs of the audience
- Works professionally and effectively with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders to build strong relationships
- Builds rapport and influence, using diplomacy, to drive program participation and outfitter success in meeting growth and expansion objectives
- Delivers client-focused solutions based on customer need
- Manages multiple projects or outfitters at a time with strict attention to detail and service level
- Listens for conflicts or challenges and provides solution-oriented recommendations
- Flexibility to support ADV core business, Indian Motorcycles, and new programs as they arise
- Remote – Home Based Office
- Travel required within Region (>50%)
- Must live within 30 minutes of a major Airport within the current region of outfitter focus.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.