At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As the Global Strategic Sourcing Manager – [Category], you will be responsible for developing and leading commodity strategy, understanding and communicating business goals and product development plans to various internal stakeholders, and responsible for the manufacturing support for ongoing production for product lines. Manufacturing, Engineering and other Supply Chain are teams you will work closely with to create and implement risk mitigation and corrective action plans for any anticipated production problems. Your responsibilities also include leading annual product cost budgeting and cost reduction plans, maintaining a pulse on supplier tooling for product, and managing supplier relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES :
- Build and lead teams by evaluating and utilizing team's skill sets to increase or achieve results through positive, open leadership.
- Lead the hiring, career development, and performance management processes of team members.
- Develop and maintain relationships with leadership of key suppliers that foster communication on forward looking strategies, long range planning and partnerships.
- Coach employees on effectively managing supplier relationships.
- Review supplier recommendations from team to ensure they align with departmental goals, the long-term commodity strategy, technology roadmaps and cross-functional requirements.
- Review supplier onboarding and exit plans and provides guidance to team during process.
- Support escalation as required.
- Ensure alignment of category strategy with corporate goals and objectives as well as cross-functional needs.
- Develop strategy for long-range planning that are consistent with corporate goals and objectives, as well as supporting the business needs of the category team.
Sourcing Priority Management:
- Manage consolidated cost initiatives for assigned commodities to align with budget and long-range planning commitments.
- Develop strategic plans for long-range planning that are consistent with corporate goals and objectives, as well as supporting the business needs of the commodity team.
- Responsible for annual product cost budgeting and quarterly cost forecasting.
- Partner with Quality leadership to develop strategic plans to ensure supplier is consistent with corporate goals and objectives, as well as supporting the business needs of the commodity team.
- Partner with material planning and operations leadership to develop strategic plans to ensure supplier is consistent with corporate goals and objectives, as well as supporting the business needs of the commodity team.
Other Duties as Assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or related field desired, MBA or Masters desired.
- APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
- 8+ years of purchasing or relevant experience (sales, engineering, etc.) required.
- 2+ years of direct leadership experience preferred or an experienced and proven leader who has the demonstrated ability to build effective departmental and cross functional teams.
- Cross functional project management and/or commodity management experience required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- An experienced and proven leader who has the demonstrated ability to build effective departmental and cross functional teams while consistently delivering superior results to a business unit.
- Knowledge of commodity/category management, purchasing contracts, purchasing practices and internet-based purchasing and/or New Product Introduction/Gate process desired.
- Demonstrates excellent project management and communication skills and capable of managing cross-functional teams on a matrix organizational basis. The ability to manage complex projects across multiple departments, sites, and companies serving a variety of diverse needs.
- Value analysis ability; the ability to analyze a system or sub-system in terms of operational and financial performance, identify improvement opportunities, and develop comprehensive plans to attain improvements.
- High levels of numeric, computer literacy and strong data / analytical and organizational skills are essential.
- Role requires strong influence & communication to convey detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels of sourcing strategies
- Proficiency in project management a plus (or demonstrated ability participating and/or running large-scale projects).
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to operations leadership and executive leadership.
- Fast-paced office environment.
- 20-30% travel required, including international travel (Europe and SE Asia primarily)
Global, purchasing, commodity, strategy, category, buyer, procurement, sourcing, operations, leader
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.