At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for leading the detailed design and modeling of components and assemblies specific to the Suspension and Steering Systems Team in the Off Road Vehicle (ORV) division. Responsible for translating subsystem requirements into elegant designs that contribute to a class-leading suspension system that works well and looks good. Employee will work closely with the Suspension Systems Engineers to be responsible for all the component design needed for new and modified ORV suspension and steering systems. Employee will be responsible for developing processes and best practices for these systems with a focus on CAD modeling and layouts. Employee will also direct design and drawing resources, both employees and contractors, located onsite and at remote locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Suspension Systems Engineers to design components, while staying on schedule, from concept to production implementation
- Create component specifications for new or modified suspension and steering systems
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost
- Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, aesthetics, and cost conformance
- Develop CAD models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervise their release through the Polaris Release System
- Participate in and contribute to design reviews to ensure proper communication and sign-off
- Analyze field problems and recommends possible solutions
- Participate in DFMEAs and DVP&Rs for suspension and steering systems
- Work with the Quality team for root cause analysis activities and document lessons learned
- Work with the Purchasing Team to select appropriate vendors and manufacturing solutions
- Interact and direct resources across multiple engineering sites and multiple countries
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, or equivalent required
- Experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package such as Creo Parametric required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment required
- Experience with GD&T, FMEA, and dimensional tolerance stack-ups required
- Experience in product engineering preferred
- Vehicle Kinematic software (ADAMS CAR) experience preferred
- Knowledge of Suspension, Steering, and Tires preferred
- Microsoft software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.