At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Staff Layout Designer/ Master Modeler
To prepare design, layouts, and drawings according to engineering specifications or own ideas using PTC Creo. Responsible for maintaining modeling standards and quality of CAD model through vehicle design process and into production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with Vehicle Architects to oversee designs and full vehicle CAD assemblies
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates own work as well as communicates through regular updates.
- May work in a lead role, provide guidance, and assign tasks to less experienced team members.
- Creates and executes complex design, drafting, and layout drawings.
- Reviews engineering drawings and supporting documents to verify GD&T and adherence to company or Industry standard practices.
- Analyzes design options, confers with necessary staff to resolve details not completely defined; or, generates design concepts with layout indicating alternative designs and recommended solutions.
- Determines tooling requirements
- Use PTC Creo design software to model, design, and document engineering data
- Develop/design procedures for parts, assemblies, and layouts
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Two-year degree in mechanical drafting and design technology
- Minimum of 7 years design/drafting experience
- Proven track record and extensive experience on PTC Creo modeling software and Windchill Enterprise Data Manager
- Strong problem resolution skills • Working Knowledge of GD&T per ANSI/ASME Y14.5
- Design experience with high feature and complex aluminum castings, using die-casting, sand casting, and/or permanent mold casting processes
- Experience in a model year-based production environment
- Direct design experience with components and systems; Powersports-related
- Must be a self-starter that requires minimal work direction
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.