Electrical Systems Engineer - MotorcyclesWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As an Electrical System Engineer in the Motorcycle Team, you will be responsible for performing activities regarding the planning, design, validation, and manufacturing of motorcycle electrical/electronic systems from concept to production implementation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Creates and maintains design documentation including Electrical System Requirements
- Leads electrical harness schematic(s) design, connector selection, and influences harness routing strategies
- Identifies power generation, distribution, and fuseology requirements
- Schedules and leads appropriate design reviews
- Assists in HARA, DFMEA, and DVPR plan for new component and features
- Manages electrical BOMs throughout all phases of a project
- Coordinates with central electronics team on scope definition and successful integration of new vehicle controllers and software into projects
- Troubleshoots electrical/electronic systems when issues arise. Identifies and resolves system related design issues
- Interacts with project teams, central teams, purchasing, testing, manufacturing, and external suppliers as needed for the successful completion of projects
- Assists the sourcing teams with electrical supplier selection
- Performs design trade-off analysis and makes recommendations
- Works with Quality teams to analyze field issues to recommend and implement solutions
- Assists in Motorcycle technology planning and development projects
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. or higher in Electrical Engineering or related Field
- Understanding of vehicle systems, electronics, and controls
- Experience in Electric System design including harness schematic creation, power distribution, and design for manufacturing and durability
- Experience working with systems with multiple integrated controllers
- 12V battery and charging systems knowledge
- Experience with serial communication networks and tools, CAN preferred
- Experience diagnosing complex subsystems
- Hands on experience using electrical test and measurement equipment
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Passion or interest in powersports
- Some travel required (not to exceed 15%) to support vehicle builds, testing, and interface with suppliers
- Fast-paced office and lab environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
At Polaris we put our employees first, by offering a holistic approach to their health and financial wellbeing. Polaris is proud to offer competitive compensation, including a market-leading profit-sharing plan that is fundamental to our pay-for-performance culture. At Polaris, employees are owners of the company through company contributions to our Employee Stock Ownership Plan and discounted employee stock purchases plan. Employees receive a generous matching contribution to 401(k), financial wellness education and consultation to plan for their financial future. In addition to competitive pay, Polaris provides a comprehensive suite of benefits, including health, dental, and vision insurance, wellness programs, paid time off, gym & personal training reimbursement, life insurance and disability offerings. Through the Polaris Foundation and our Polaris Gives paid volunteer time off, we support employees who actively volunteer their time, efforts, and passions to improve the health and wellbeing of the communities in which they live, play and work. Employees at Polaris drive our success and are rewarded for their commitment.
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.