At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a part of our Global ADAS Systems team, this role will be responsible for the design, development and validation of systems which enable ADAS features for vehicles across many Polaris product lines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop & document system requirements to support ADAS features & allocate/decompose the requirements to components and controllers
- Work with validation team to develop & document system & vehicle-level validation plans/procedures for ADAS features
- Create project plans and estimate timing and effort for system-level development projects
- Work with the Cybersecurity team to develop secure architectures that continue to evolve as needed to ensure security as system complexity & threats evolve
- Lead and participate in Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessments (HARA), Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Lead process improvements to align with Functional Safety standards
- Research and stay abreast of industry trends and advances with respect to autonomous/ADAS sensors, architectures, and validation methods
- Interface with component/controller development engineers, vendor(s), and other cross-functional Polaris team members as needed for component/module development, ensuring system-level functionality is met
- Interface with other internal Polaris Teams as needed to ensure all functionality is compatible (e.g. for service tools, manufacturing processes, etc.)
- Work with validation team to ensure on-bench and on-vehicle system validation of HW and SW is completed; execute validation as needed
- Work with Business Units to establish product line needs related to ADAS and Autonomy
- Support the Lead in researching, reviewing, and communicating future trends, technologies, competitor positioning, policies and regulations associated with autonomous systems
- Optimize controls system design and manage re-use to serve multiple product lines and functional requirements with focus on our strategic roadmap
- Update various teams on controls development schedule and status (written & verbal)
- Other duties as required
- B.S. or higher in Electrical, Computer, or applicable Engineering required
- Experience with design and/or implementation of controls, especially related to vehicle controls, diagnostics, and communication required
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety preferred
- 3+ years of experience with ISO 26262 and IEC 61508 preferred
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced development environment required
- Prior Automotive experience in ADAS and Level 4 Autonomous systems preferred, including sensors and controls
- Experience in effective problem solving and troubleshooting required including demonstrated success at system-level tradeoff analyses, also including familiarity with electrical schematic drawing evaluation and use of electrical tools such as oscilloscopes & multimeters
- Experience with communication networks required, CAN and J1939 strongly preferred
- Familiarity with requirements management tools and configuration management preferred
- Experience with writing engineering requirements preferred
- Experience in project management required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.