At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The PG&A Parts Sourcing Lead, will be responsible for part procurement activities required to maintain long term supplier arrangements, supplier transitions and key strategies for long term proficiency of part proliferation. This role will be responsible for maintaining/selecting a supplier that best fits Polaris' quality, delivery, cost, and technology goals for service parts and facilitate collaboration across engineering, PG&A product development, and PG&A purchasing team through the negotiation of service parts and/or product lines. This position will own the negotiation and development of long-term agreements regarding lifetime buys, MOQs, EAUs and cost down opportunities. The Parts Sourcing Lead will own the onboarding process for any new service part suppliers including supplier set-up, training, setting of expectations, and handoff to purchasing and run state teams. This position will also own the onboarding process with the exception of the supplier set up in the case of awarding new items to an existing supplier. This position is responsible for becoming an expert in understanding the manufacturing capabilities and new technology for existing and potential suppliers to ensure Polaris is working with the best supplier partners driving additional market share to keep riders riding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains the supplier relationship for existing service parts and facilitates communication between suppliers and internal Polaris teams.
- Analyzes current state service parts to determine cost down opportunities and builds strategies to reduce cost and waste.
- Understand supplier capabilities and capacities to produce product in line with Polaris volume expectations.
- Meet regularly with Production sourcing teams to develop strong working relationships and align on strategy for shared suppliers.
- Advocates for PG&A specific business needs in the supplier selection process for new projects.
- Manages relationships and processes with suppliers to support timely delivery of product to the customer.
- Coordination of purchasing activities with PG&A purchasing team to determine exit strategy and life time buy scenarios.
- Champion’s adherence to the Polaris Development Process (PDP), ensuring product cost, quality and delivery objectives are attained.
- Assist in the development, production, and launch of new service parts.
- Resource existing service parts in cases of cost down opportunities, supplier non-performance, or lack of supply from incumbent supplier.
- Monitor and report on cost, capital, schedule, quality, and technical status of projects and lead corrective actions as required.
- Responsible for advising category teams on service part cost reduction planning and monitoring cost summary reports trends. Conducts analysis on cost trends and develop / implements mitigation plans.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- BS/BA degree is required.
- Experience in Procurement with a demonstrated success in developing supplier partnerships.
- Effective negotiation, communication, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Functional knowledge of engineering documentation, manufacturing process control, and technical data.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and changing priorities based on market changes
- Advanced knowledge of supply contracts with domestic and international suppliers.
- Advanced knowledge of commodity markets, with capability to analyze data and develop strategy.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Fast-paced office environment.
- Travel as required (20%) Regular trips to key suppliers, Polaris engineering and manufacturing facilities.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.