At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Requirements for Internal Promotion
- 3 or less attendance occurrences in either bucket
- 6 months between department transfers
- No active corrective actions
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review if applicable
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
- If selected for the position, you are required to move into the position upon the effective date. If you are no longer interested in the position, you must withdraw prior to an offer being presented.
Effectively plan and schedule materials and presses to maintain on-time delivery of production and service parts while attaining inventory turns objectives. Maintain accurate inventory. Responsible for planning, ordering, and expediting materials required. Assure all planning data is accurately maintained in Mapics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, maintain and communicate purchase releases and manufacturing orders for production and service parts.
- Maintain data in Mapics to assure accurate schedules are being developed and maintained.
- Maintain all open production work orders for assigned components.
- Maintain schedules to assure on-time delivery.
- Work with Tooling and Manufacturing Engineers to coordinate maintenance and PDP/PPAP requirements.
- Expedite material as required from suppliers resulting from inventory variances, rejections, or late deliveries.
- Keys supplier scrap and takes necessary recovery action and generates debit memos for supplier returns.
- Plan and confirm material availability for service and rework.
- Resolve/review with warehouse personnel receiving issues, ie: over/shortage reports.
- Assist accounting in resolving receiving or invoicing issues.
- Coordinate the disposition of excess and obsolete inventory.
- Identify and implement procedures to assure smooth production operations and inventory accuracy.
- Review Product Orders, Effective Immediately, and Deviations and initiate necessary follow-up.
- Refer supplier issues to buyer and manager when unable to resolve.
- Involved in decisions related to outsourcing of parts due to scheduling constraints.
- Coordinate deliveries with suppliers for outsourced parts.
- Participates in special projects or assignments as required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 1-3 years previous planning/inventory control experience
- Knowledge of MRP systems
- Must have current PC/software proficiency including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access & Outlook) and AS400
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage and be efficient with multiple tasks
- Two or four year college degree
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.