At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
JOB SUMMARY: Executes Powertrain design objectives to attain flawless launches, ensuring the Polaris standards are being adhered to during the lifecycle of the product, as well as continuous improvement efforts on existing designs and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for managing Powertrain responsible Emerging Issues (EI) as they arise, including coordinating the meetings, driving the actions needed to close the EI, and daily communication on the status of the EI to the PII leadership team
- Monitors resources and task assignments within the team; coordinates issue resolution with program or functional managers Motivates the entire team and others affecting the program's success
- Interpret data, develop tools, and optimize the use of signals to drive improvements to the product to maximize the customer’s experience
- Work actively with Post Sale Surveillance team identifying warranty trends leading to root cause investigation and a corrective action implemented
- As quality issues arise, be able to prepare and present key and clear information to multiple levels in the organization to allow the stakeholders to make the best decision to protect our customer
- Monitor and support Manufacturing quality spills as needed
- Experience in root cause analysis and troubleshooting of complex electrical systems
- Ability to read & interpret vehicle and component schematics and circuit diagrams
- Comfortable or experienced in the use of electrical measurement equipment (multimeters, etc.)
- Experience with, or ability to be trained, in servicing or diagnosing high-voltage systems
- Familiar with basic electrified propulsion components such as batteries, inverters, motors, chargers, DC/DC conversion, low and high voltage harnessing, etc.
- Experience facilitating structured problem solving (8D, Six Sigma, Red X, etc.) with SMEs and lead a team through a root-cause analysis process
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Critical Technical Skills:
- 4-year degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Mechanical Engineering (ME) or a related field
- Highly developed computer skills using EE design/analysis tools
- Analog and digital circuit analysis and design
- Electrical system diagnosis of vehicle or machine control systems
- Hands-on experience using electrical test and assembly equipment
- Product development experience
Desirable Technical Skills:
- Basic software programming skills
- EMC training and background
- Electrical machine, magnetics, and power electronics experience
- Wire harness design experience
- Control Area Network (CAN) experience
- Dynamic and fast paced office environment
- Novi, MI location will require 25% travel
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.