Polaris is an authorized DoD SkillBridge partner and has developed the Polaris Military Fellowship Program (PMFP). This Fellowship is a great opportunity for Active-Duty US Armed Forces personnel with authorization to participate in the DoD SkillBridge program as directed by their respective command.
The PMFP program would allow the qualified candidate to participate in a learning program designed around on-the-job training into a potential full-time opportunity of a role like the one in the description listed below.
Onsite IT Client Support Specialist deploy and support the systems and technologies required by corporate, manufacturing, and distribution center users in a global enterprise environment. In addition to supporting all technology needs of Polaris employees, IT Client Support Specialist may also assist in providing local hands on support for corporate tier 3 IS teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess and prioritize daily work based on outstanding Worldwide Service Desk issues
- Ticket and time tracking using our ITSM solution, ServiceNow
- Provide rapid-response support to all distribution centers, corporate offices, and manufacturing facilities
- Support of devices such as laptops, desktops, handheld barcode scanners, custom workstations, label printers, and other proprietary technology
- Support of Windows based operating systems and Microsoft Office applications as well as other out of the box and developed software packages
- Administration of Active Directory and O365 for all user and end-user system objects
- Provide local hands on support for corporate tier 3 IS teams including problem reporting and resolution for distribution centers, corporate offices, and manufacturing facilities
- Maintain ongoing computer refreshes and setups
- Create documentation, standard work, and knowledge base articles
- Act as a local resource for Worldwide Service Desk projects
- Participation in after hours on-call support may be required
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent working experience is required
- 3-5+ years’ experience working within a military unit helpdesk setting is required
- Advanced knowledge of modern computer hardware, wired and wireless networking, handheld barcode scanners, IP phones, printers, and peripheral computer equipment required
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, and server operating systems required
- Experience configuring and maintaining laptops and desktops in an enterprise environment required
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2016 and above, specifically Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required; prior experience with Epicor is strongly desirable
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and/or collaboratively with remote peers
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required
- Manual and physical dexterity required
- Must be able to lift 40 + pound equipment
- Warehouse, office, and manufacturing environment
- Occasional travel may be required
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.