At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Project Assistant you will be responsible for the support, coordination, and execution of administrative and strategic initiatives for the Indian Motorcycle test engineering team. Responsibilities include, coordinating events, tracking and reporting of test activities, partnering with external vendors for logistics and scheduling, and partnering with key internal stakeholders to align activities to program scheduling and key milestones.
Motorcycle Engineering Team Support
- Logistics – manage relationship with broker and coordinate over 200 shipments per year of motorcycles and equipment around the world. Track logistics spend to optimize costs.
- Lead team event coordination including location, dining, entertainment, gifts, etc. for Motorcycle Engineering, Department, and Team events.
- Lead executive rides including location, dining, route planning, bike logistics, lodging, communication, etc.
- Manage vendor relationship and gear orders for new and existing employees.
- Manage vehicle build unit info entry, updates, and disposition in tracking systems.
Motorcycle Test Team Support
- Manage the relationship, billing, insurance, contracts, and communication with vendors of test tracks, test facilities, EMS, etc.
- Manage purchase orders for the team and coordinate to ensure payments are made in a timely manor to our vendors.
- Manage mileage accumulation billing and track spending to ensure accuracy and support budgeting.
- Test trip coordination – Scheduling, EMS, Shipments, Invoicing, and communication.
- Track and communicate status of various test activities: Mileage accumulation, IR agendas, overdue TRs, test trips, etc.
- Track meeting minutes and send out department communications.
- Develop and document standard procedures for new processes and department needs.
- Other assignments as requested or required.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- HS Diploma required. Continuing education with focus in business administration is preferred.
- One to three years of experience supporting engineering or in a highly-technical business environment.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining cooperative and positive attitude.
- Highly motivated, organized, self-starter.
- Proficient PC skills and working/ advanced knowledge of: Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Sincere desire to meet customer’s expectations and be team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- This is a professional, office-environment / hybrid workplace role.
- Up to 10% domestic travel is expected.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.