HR GeneralistRoseau, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with manufacturing leaders & department sin strategic HR support as needed
- Works with hiring managers on staffing and best team through talent review, recruiting strategy, and candidate selection process
- Assists in the development of orientation and training for new employees
- Conducts exit interview and processes required termination paperwork
- Responsible for keeping current job descriptions on file
- Ensures consistent application of company policies and procedures
- Proactively communicates regularly, and openly, with employees and peers to ensure positive rapport and employee relations.
- Assists managers, supervisors, and HR Team with documentation and managing the corrective action steps in the disciplinary process
- Handles employee complaints and investigations, advises on solutions and brings about prompt resolution – including communication with those involved
- Assist with performance management process and compensation planning
- Assist employees, managers, and HR Team with benefit and compensation questions
- Provides training and communication on HR programs, benefits and processes
- Counsels employees regarding duties, career development, benefits programs, policies and other employment related issues
- Creates, tracks, maintains, and monitors business metrics and provides updates and recommendations to the business based on data
- Works with corporate centers of excellence to drive HR initiatives
- Other projects and duties as needed in the HR department or company
- High integrity
- Passion for excellence: capable of a high level of execution against set timelines
- Customer focus: able to translate the needs of the client group into HR solutions
- Problem solver: Intellectually agile able to see multiple sides of issues and flexes to drive solutions
- Leadership: Confident and engaging, with the courage to challenge as required
- Innovative mindset, with ability to identify and act on key opportunities for improvement
- Team player: See Essential Duties & Responsibilities, Culture
- Employee development: See Essential Duties & Responsibilities, Talent
Additional Skills & Knowledge:
- Comfortable with ambiguity, ability to maintain confidentiality, and work well in a team environment
- Cultural savvy: able to discern key aspects of Polaris culture and maintain them
- Must be open to relocate and travel for career advancement
- Four (4) year degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field required
- Three plus (3+) years of experience in Human Resources preferred
- Three plus (3+) years’ manufacturing experience preferred
- Experience with successful direct employee relations preferred
- Experience with an HRIS system-based software preferred, experience in WorkDay a plus
- Experience with LEAN Concepts and LEAN HR preferred
- Office and manufacturing environment. Some travel (<20%) required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.