At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
DoD SkillBridge Fellowship Paint Production Supervisor
Polaris is an authorized DoD SkillBridge partner and has developed the Polaris Military Fellowship Program (PMFP). This Fellowship is a great opportunity for Active-Duty US Armed Forces personnel with authorization to participate in the DoD SkillBridge program as directed by their respective command.
The PMFP program would allow the qualified candidate to participate in a learning program designed around on-the-job training into a potential full-time opportunity of a role like the one in the description listed below.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Production Supervisor to join the Indian Motorcycle Factory team based at Spirit Lake, Iowa. Fuel your future with Indian Motorcycle.
As the Paint Production Supervisor you lead a team of operators in our Spirit Lake, IA manufacturing plant . In this role you will provide day-to-day leadership and supervision in the achievement of productivity, schedule attainment, quality and Employee Health & Safety programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coach and support area of responsibility
- Daily communication and coordination with teams, other supervisors and departments with the factory.
- Direct work assignments in accordance with the production schedule- plan and organize activities of the production/assembly line to meet production deadlines.
- Monitor housekeeping (5 pillars) and correct safety issues.
- Ensure compliance to environmental, productivity, quality and health & safety standards.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects
- Prepare and adhere to department budget
- Enforce policies and procedures and apply disciplinary action as needed
- Prepare and maintain production reports and records- taking corrective action when necessary
- Coordinate departmental maintenance and engineering needs
- Responsible for inventory analysis
- Order and purchase necessary equipment or materials for assembly or production.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or technical engineering is desired or 3-5 years of experience with production supervision.
- 2 or more years of industry experience
- Outstanding leadership, influence and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead process improvements in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple operations
- High level of personal integrity
- Fast-paced manufacturing environment.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.