At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Fast paced engineering opportunity to be responsible for leading the complete system design and integration of off-road vehicle cooling systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design industry leading cooling systems that deliver increased quality and customer satisfaction
- Work with project teams to define project goals and product specifications
- In partnership with the Industrial Design team, ensure the appropriate tradeoffs are made for cooling system packaging / air flow and vehicle styling
- Integrate cooling system technologies into off-road vehicles
- Create and maintain system design guidelines and validation plans and communicate to the project teams and the validation teams
- Work with project teams to define project goals and system specifications
- Work with Development Engineers and Technicians to make sure the suitable level of development and validation of systems is conducted at the appropriate times
- Organize and lead design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups
- Work with the ORV design group, contract design team, and outside suppliers to ensure production drawings are accurate and properly dimensioned (using KPC’s and GD&T)
- Work with Powertrain team in the development, specification, and implementation of cooling systems in support of current and future ORV models
- Provide Cooling system technical support to: Project Engineers, Designers, Design Engineers, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Powertrain, Quality Assurance and Service
- Use data acquisition to quantify cooling system performance with ability to ride ATVs and SxSs for this purpose of field development and performance evaluation
- Benchmark competitive designs
- Analyze manufacturing and field problems and recommend and implement solutions
- Cross train and support development and validation of other vehicle subsystems including clutching, drive line, brakes, intake, exhaust, and suspensions
- Other duties as required
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years engineering experience in the automotive industry
- Understanding of cooling system function and design
- Cooling System design and development experience
- Creo-parametric and windchill release system experience preferred
- Experience with system specifications preferred
- Creative, innovative, decisive, and prone to action
- Quality and customer focused.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.