Development Technician - Prototype MachinistWyoming, MN
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Development Technician – Prototype Machinist supports the Polaris Powertrain (PT) Component Test Group at the Wyoming Product Development Facility. You will collaborate with a fast-paced team of experts to develop and validate new Powertrain technologies in the dynamometer/test labs. The daily tasks for this position include fabricating, machining, instrumenting, and welding PT components to print.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review work requests (prints, sketches, CAD, etc.) for manufacturability and communicate feedback with on/off-site engineers
- Fabricate & assemble test fixtures used in the components test lab and development dynos
- Support various PT concept projects with custom fabrication, machining, and welding
- Instrument PT components for thermal and pressure readings
- Maintain inventory of parts, tools, tooling, and fixtures needed for manufacturing components
- Responsible for the quality and integrity of parts generated
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Keep a well-organized clean work area that meets OSHA requirements and 5S Methods.
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
Critical Technical Skills/Knowledge
- 2-year technical degree preferred
- 3+ years’ experience with precision fabricating, machining, and welding is required
- Strong mechanical technical aptitude and problem-solving skills
- Ability to read blueprints/schematics and use general measuring equipment
- Operate manual equipment including mills, lathes, drill presses & band saws
- Organized with a very strong attention to detail
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft products
- Process oriented
- Motivated, flexible, and self-sufficient
Desirable Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to program and operate CNC equipment
- Understanding of internal combustion engines, fuel systems, and CVT systems
- Experience assembling and disassembling engines
- Experience with vehicle electrical systems, wiring, and reading electrical schematics
- CAD (Creo) experience desirable
- Able to work independently or in a team atmosphere on various sized projects
- Fast paced testing in a laboratory environment.
- Working around machinery, vehicles, moving parts.
- Willingness to work overtime as needed, sometimes on short notice
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.