At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The production support engineer within the Slingshot team is responsible for identifying, assessing, and investigating potential field product quality issues (Chassis systems and / or PG&A) and identify root cause, assess risk, and lead or support solution implementation. Other responsibilities include communication of root cause status across cross-functional groups and leadership, trend monitoring, and potential process development.
- Lead or support scope, root cause, consequence, and solution implementation of potential safety and quality related issues.
- Build and maintain relationships with manufacturing and quality teams to ensure clear communication and continued progression with both engineering and production related issues.
- Monitor current data sources and work with cross-functional teams to identify potential product safety issues that require additional focus.
- Use of problem-solving process and root cause methodology documentation.
- Use CAPAs (Standardized Corrective Action/Preventative Action process used at Polaris) to drive corrective actions that will apply learnings across the organization.
- Ensure all learnings are communicated to the peer team and captured in technical documentation i.e. Design Standards, FMEAs and DVP&Rs
- Support other initiatives that relate to product safety & quality.
- As needed, develop processes/standards for continuous improvement.
- Present or assist with Product Action Plan process to resolve field issues with the guidance of senior leadership.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. Engineering or related program is required.
- 2 years’ minimum previous experience in consumer product engineering preferred
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects
- Skilled in multitasking and executing many tasks at once
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Creative and innovative
- Decisive and prone to action – self starter
- Quality and customer focused
- Familiarity with Creo and Windchill preferred
- Experience with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Fast-paced working environment
- Up to 20% travel is associated with this role.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.