Vehicle Repair Certified Operator (1st Shift - 12 Hr Schedule at Warehouse)Huntsville, AL
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform a variety of duties to repair or correct defective products in preparation for shipment.
- Identify and Repair any defects to prepare units for shipment
- Assemble and disassemble units to install missing and/or defective component or complete missing or partially completed processes
- Read repair manual for rework instruction
- Use computer to register default on units and fixed units ready for shipment
- Assure that units meet all quality standards and specifications before shipment
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Fill units with appropriate fluids
- Use electric, air, torque and manual tools
- Add or remove and replace decals
- Add essential components that were not installed by assemblers
- Assist others and fill in for absentees when needed
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Basic knowledge of power, air, torque, and manual tools
- Ability to understand blueprints and assembly drawings
- Ability to work independently
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge of various units
- Basic knowledge of computers
- Communication skills
- Must be able to work overtime with little or no notice
- Must be able to work in various conditions including outside and or in a warehouse without A/C or heat
- Working with hazardous materials and chemicals.
- Working in confined spaces.
- Will be required to wear the proper safety equipment and follow all safety guidelines.
- There are 2 teams on 1st shift with a 12-hour rotating on/off schedule.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.