At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
As a Materials Compliance Lead, you will be an integral team member of a critical business function and a rapidly expanding discipline. This role will be responsible for leading strategic, proactive enterprise-wide programs to achieve and maintain material compliance to global regulations. This will require cross functional collaboration along with legislation review, large bill of materials analysis, and risk assessment against a growing list of material compliance requirements.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the organization, including affiliates, complies with materials regulations such as Prop65, REACH, RoHS, TSCA, PFAS
- Lead compliance and sustainability initiatives supporting lifecycle management of Polaris vehicles, parts, accessories and general merchandise
- Apply global regulations & directives to Polaris vehicles, parts, accessories and general merchandise
- Lead with cross functional teams to influence projects driving regulatory requirements and ensure adequate compliance verification
- Lead change management projects of existing products ensuring up-to-date compliance
- Prepare and compose correspondence, reports, presentations, spreadsheets, etc. for cross functional teams
- Develop and maintain environmental legal documentation/databases
- Primary liaison with government agencies, contractors, accredited laboratories, and suppliers as needed to support new and current production compliance
- Evaluate large BOMs for compliance status while creating compliance statements available to consumers and various agencies
- Track, analyze, and identify new environmental and sustainability regulations requirements and react accordingly to future changes
- Perform special projects and other duties as needed
Skills & Abilities:
- Prior knowledge of product compliance in one or more of the following: Proposition 65, EU REACH, EU RoHS, EU Biocides, Asbestos, PFAS
- Ability to influence through effective communication with global cross functional partners, suppliers, and team members
- Performance, results driven individual focused on teamwork with the ability to promote a strong, positive compliance environment
- Exceptional attention to detail, organization, and analytical skills required
- Proficient in reading engineering drawings and general knowledge of raw materials used in manufacturing
- Ability to balance working independently and as an active member of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Job Knowledge:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental, Chemical, Environmental Science or a closely related engineering discipline; or equivalent in experience
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience in compliance testing, regulatory compliance, sustainability, or environmental science-related field
- Experience in fast paced manufacturing environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.