At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The IBMi Systems Manager will work and lead the team responsible for the operations of the company’s IBM Power Servers, PowerVM Servers and V7000 shared storage environments including designing, implementing, and supporting these core infrastructure services. The role will partner with cross-functional IT teams across; Software Engineering, Applications, and Database with design, implementation and testing of mission critical business systems. This manager will provide leadership and work direction for the IBMi team, in addition, this role will sit on the infrastructure leadership team and influence strategy and drive process improvement across the broader organization.
- Provide a strong technical and architectural vision for the IBM Power platform. Translate strategy into efficient and effective goals and operating plans
- Provide day-to-day leadership and guidance for the team including developing schedules, set priorities, soliciting input, providing direction, and ensuring high quality customer service and on-time delivery of agreed deliverables
- Lead team to resolve complex technical situations, determine and document root cause and solutions
- Coach and develop team members. Aids in career development and performance management. Writes and conducts annual performance reviews.
- Manage vendor relationships for IBMi solutions and participate in the evaluation and implementation of third-party system applications
- Lead with a continuous improvement mentality and provide metrics to show the realization
- Attend product and administrative meetings. Prepares technical project status reports
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure alignment
- Manage budgeting process and prioritization of key initiatives
Getting into the Work
- Lead installation, upgrade, and monitoring of the IBM Power System platform including Power Servers, PowerVM, IBM i operating system, and Storwize V7000 storage area network
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging technologies
- Drive solutions to difficult technical issues associated with the platform
- Ensure that standards and procedures are followed during design and implementation of solutions
- Adhere to and promote existing ITIL processes and standard procedures
- Ensure security best practices are followed
- Monitor the environment to ensure the highest level of performance
- Provide technical assistance to other team members, including remote support for global operations
- This position will require participation in a rotating on-call schedule for 24x7 global support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information technology, business or other technical related field is required
- 12+ years of progressive technical experience in a highly available global environment, with highly skilled with hands-on experience with IBM Power and Storwize Systems including PowerVM, FlashCopy and other storage replication technologies
- 4-5+ years as a technical leader and/or team leader
- Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and maintain databases
- Demonstrated leadership skills including the ability to motivate others, develop talent and build high-performing teams
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances
- Strong project management skills including task prioritization, accurate time estimates for completion, and communication abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Ability to lead, collaborate, influence, and coordinate activities in a cross functional, team-oriented environment to deliver technology solutions
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Familiarity with DB2 database management products such as Visual Explain, IBM iDoctor, Job Watcher
- Experience planning, implementing, and administering IBM Power Systems High Availability and Disaster Recovery solutions
- Familiarity with software products such as Helpsystems Robot suite, Showcase, Infor XA, Softmenu, and SEASoft’s iSecurity Firewall, Audit and absMessage
- ITIL, PMP knowledge / certifications
- Remote office flexibility but must be based within the greater Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area.
- Some travel may be required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.