At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We are looking for a highly creative and strategically minded Industrial Design Director of our Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) Business Unit. In this role you will provide strategic design vision to develop innovative, engaging ORV products from concept to commercialization. This role supports the Industrial Design VP and business unit leadership to help define, guide, and evolve the long-range brand & product strategies, ensuring a strong brand identity for the ORV divisions. We are seeking an experienced Industrial Designer who can consistently inspire the team and who can deliver exceptional design work. Our team is looking for someone who’s constantly pushing the boundaries of creativity, excited by cross-functional collaboration, and enjoys being an ambassador of our ORV brand and design system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide subordinate designers with time, space and resources they need to create products that inspire our consumers and define the ORV industry
- Motivates, coaches, develops and directs employees to further organizational objectives and promotes employee development
- Work with Industrial Design leadership to establish and promote consistent principles, processes, and methodologies to be used across all of Design and ensure execution of operational strategy
- Lead, develop
- Must lead, develop, and manage cross-functional global teams by setting clear objectives, providing ongoing performance feedback and evaluate potential
- Proven influencing and communication abilities at all levels, including executive leadership
- History of successful change management and delivery against a change agenda
- Demonstrated team-player mentality with a limitless determination to succeed and grow
- Imposes clear sense of direction and purpose and rallies others around the change and/or strategy
- Has a solid, basic sense of finance in a large corporation and partners with ID Operations to guide forecasting, budgeting, and planning for regular financial cycles
- Partner with Engineering Program management to determine progress, timelines, and budgets
- Lead weekly team meetings and provides updates to stakeholders; ensures adherence to schedules
- Directs operations of the Industrial Design Studio by helping set and monitor schedules, budgets, reports, forecasts, resources, and outsourcing
- Requires profound technical & mechanical product knowledge
- Proactively build networks across the company and Industry
- Maintain safe, secure, and legal work environment
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
- 4-Year Degree required in Industrial Design from accredited university/college
- 15+ years design experience with at least 7 spent in design management
- Global vehicle development experience required
- Strong portfolio is required
- Strong product knowledge, brand enactment/usage experience preferred
- Team-based, collaborative, fast-paced, office/studio environment
- 20% Travel Required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.