At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Advanced Digital Design Manager is an experienced Computer-Generated Imagery (CGI) Artist/Designer responsible for developing and managing a team for a supporting pillar within the Polaris Industrial Design department. This Digital Imagery pillar is the foundation for Digital Transformation that uses rapid visualization techniques based on shared data for all divisions of Polaris Industries. The CGI team works closely with the Graphics and CMF designers to produces high level visual imagery that can be used to show concepts and facilitate our design reviews with leadership. The Advanced Digital Design Manager will cultivate and implement the latest digital technology to inspire and develop CGI. This role is responsible for cultivating and implementing the latest in digital visualization technology including Artificial Intelligence/Virtual Reality options to be at the forefront of technology.
Key responsibilities are workload prioritization, mentoring, directing and reviewing the work of the team through the CGI process phases. Also assist with the resource planning while building a strong, capable team through recruiting, training, and mentoring. Strong communication throughout a broad spectrum of levels and roles is a must for good decision making and communication of design intent to Polaris management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advance Polaris’ Colors, Materials and textures by visualizing proposals though the Industrial Design Phases for all divisions, producing visuals that increase the level of digital fidelity
- Bring innovative technology to the Industrial Design leadership team in the CGI space to reduce time and risk within the ID process. Define future applications though experimentation for the organization.
- Coordinate with Engineering and Product management ensuring that output is targeted and useful in the Polaris Development Process along with providing visualization early in the process for other functions such as Marketing, Web etc.
- Build and maintain a library of color, texture and material for the CMFG group
- Partner with Product Management, Industrial Design and Engineering Program managers to help define and monitor schedules, budgets, reviews, resources and outsourcing.
- Participate in team meetings and provide updates to stakeholders; ensure adherence to schedules
- Manage relationships with outside design contractors.
- Build and maintain a strong, capable team through recruiting, mentoring, training and performance reviews.
- Maintain safe, secure and legal work environment.
- Undergraduate degree in 3D animation, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, or similar discipline
- 9+years of experience working with high detail industrial/mechanical models using Unreal Engine, Cinema 4D and Photoshop (or equivalent 3D and 2D programs)
- Knowledge and background in animating 3D models for use in technical publications, training, online and marketing applications
- Exceptional attention to detail and a high level of mechanical understanding
- Great team player, self-motivated, excellent communicator and customer driven
- Skilled in one or more of related creation tasks - illustration, modeling, texturing, animation, rendering, and lighting
- Knowledge of video filming and editing using Final Cut Pro (or equivalent video suite programs)
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
- Must have experience in product development / innovation
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Possess excellent project planning, organizing and administrative skills.
- Strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Must have a high comfort level working with computer systems and software.
- Preferred experience in website development (i.e. SharePoint)
- Team-based, collaborative, fast-paced, office/studio environment, some travel.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.