At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
This position is responsible for growing the Polaris Utility side-by-side business by building and activating annual go-to-market lifestyle plans. This role will lead a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to develop, plan and execute utility specific strategies to drive growth over the near and long term.
This position will have core responsibilities that include lifestyle campaign development, public relations efforts, creative, and content development, and working with a cross-functional team of subject matter experts to influence paid media, cultivation, partnerships, digital, social media and retail/channel management.
Key objectives include turning existing owners into lifelong customers while attracting and acclimating new users to grow the space. This role will collaborate with internal and external partners to deliver results for the business and activating on opportunity areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the cross-functional development and activation of annual lifestyle go-to-market plans for utility to achieve business objectives delivering on our financial forecasts (revenue, profit, share)
- Collaborate with PR agency to plan and execute a strategy that keeps Polaris utility products in the news and maximizes reach with endemic and non-endemic audiences; manage press release development and deployment with PR agency
- Consult on ORV social media, events, and cultivation (email, direct mail, 1:1) plans and creative to align with brand objectives and messaging
- Work closely with global marketing teams to ideate and build global marketing campaigns
- Work with Portfolio Marketing Manager and media agency partner to ensure the right targets and creative are connecting with the utility consumer
- Partner with cultivation team to deliver a clear strategy around how we are building strong connections with our owners base ultimately turning them into repeat buyers
- Work with cross functional partners to optimize brand performance vs. retail objectives
- Create regionalized marketing plans based on retail goals with support of cross-functional team members
- Manage budget and timing across multiple different internal and external work partners
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related
- 7-10 years relevant marketing experience
- Creative thinker who can generate innovative ideas and solutions
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to lead and develop team in a fast-paced environment, managing tasks on time and within budget
- Experience managing external agency resources
- Ability to operate autonomously
- Corporate office environment - hybrid work arrangement
- Periodic international and domestic travel – up to 25%
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.