At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Project Analyst
As a Project Analyst you will be a key project team member charged with supporting the execution of specific projects related to insourcing and vertical integration opportunities within current core competencies and adjacent manufacturing capabilities. You will provide project analysis and be responsible for tracking and reporting key project metrics related to insourcing and outsourcing projects across our manufacturing networks. You will serve as a subject matter expert for materials management practices within the manufacturing optimization team. You will work with stakeholders across manufacturing, sourcing, engineering, planning, and quality to provide wholistic view of program status.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES :
- Provide clear, concise, and accurate project analysis to the program leaders and team.
- Accountable for tracking and meeting key project metrics.
- Lead coordination for multiple insourcing/outsourcing projects simultaneously.
- Coordinate with supply chain teams purchase orders, requisitions, request for quotes, and other similar documents related to the insourcing/outsourcing.
- Facilitate part transfer readiness meetings with a cross-functional team to collectively set strategy for transition of parts to address schedule risk and mitigation plans.
- Provide weekly reporting on parts setup status including release status and item master elements that require action from sourcing and engineering teams, and drive action to drive closure.
- Perform data collection for manufacturing optimization analysis
- Work closely with other key stakeholders across the supply chain, product development, and manufacturing networks to ensure projects are completed with safety, quality, delivery and cost at the forefront
- Analyze and manage MRP schedules for parts and ensure timely part coverage
- Coordinate transportation and logistics methods with input from the supplier, Polaris transportation vendor, and receiving department to ensure parts are identified correctly and delivered in a cost-effective manner.
- Manage shipping schedules with suppliers and plants to ensure on-time delivery of parts.
- Work with central planning, plant planning, and sourcing teams to coordinate bank builds of parts to facilitate smooth transfers between supply base and manufacturing location
- Work with central planning, plant planning, and sourcing teams to coordinate ramp up of parts at either supplier or manufacturing location is being met.
- Subject Matter Expert for materials management and planning processes within the insourcing/outsourcing group.
- Lead process improvement through the participation in Kaizen events, creation of standard work, and development of training material, and training new team members.
- Lead data collection and reporting for manufacturing optimization projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain/operations.
- 2+ years of relevant experience (materials, planning, or sourcing) required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Effective time-management, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Solid understanding of material requirements planning (MRP).
- Superior analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Project management experience is desired.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills including conflict management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including intercultural communication.
- Ability to synthesize large amount of data quickly and stay calm under pressure.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook) supported by matching verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge Bill of Materials (BOM) and structure.
- Knowledge of Alteryx, Power BI a plus
- Fast-paced office environment.
- <10% travel required to Polaris manufacturing facilities.
Purchasing, buyer, procurement, sourcing, operations, analyst, materials, planner, scheduler, project management
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.