At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The CAD Specialist/Master Modeler is responsible for creating, setting up, maintaining, and ensuring the quality of the master model. This person will work closely with the program architect and sub-system engineers throughout the development of the program (concept – production) to quickly identify potential design issues and identify possible solutions. The Master Modeler stays current with and enforces use of latest drawing standards, enforces CAD Driven Bill of Materials naming conventions, and takes part in design activities as able.
- Own platformed systems master model frequently checking platformed sub-systems across planned future variants. Ensures all groups working in the master model are adhering to internal and industry best practices and standards. Creates and executes complex design, drafting, and layout drawings in accordance with engineering specifications using Creo as requested.
- Identifies interferences and sub-systems interface geometry mismatches providing recommendations for possible resolution. Analyze design options, confers with necessary staff to resolve details not completely defined and / or generate design concepts within layout indicating alternative designs and recommended solutions
- Provides CAD support for Engineering Design meetings ensuring all systems reflect latest status in advance to enable meaningful design discussions.
- Ensures integrity of the CAD data for platformed sub-systems – Chunnel naming conventions, proper regeneration without failures, layout structure. Network with sub-system owners to ensure weight properties are up to date in advance of milestone reviews. GD&T and drawing reviews to ensure industry standard practices are followed.
- Plans, organizes, and coordinates own work as well as communicates technical status through regular updates
- Work with vendors to resolve design issues or optimize parts to improve quality and reduce cost and weight as much as possible
- Participation on CAD SME users group to stay up to date on latest internal standards.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Two-year degree in mechanical drafting and design technology
- Minimum of 5 years’ design/drafting experience
- Strong problem resolution skills
- Design experience with castings, injection molding, plastic, tube design, and complex stampings
- Proven track record and extensive experience with CREO modeling software and Windchill Enterprise Data Manager
- Experience in a model year based production environment, Direct design experience with components and systems; Powersports related a plus
- Must be a self-starter that requires minimal work direction, attention to details evident in prior work
- Must be able to successfully work on multiple projects at once while prioritizing work accordingly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, Strong people skills, able to work in a team environment
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Microsoft software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.