At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Lead the financial strategy, activities and analysis for the Off-Road Business. Owns business planning processes (Strategic Planning, Annual Planning, Capital Planning, Inventory Planning and Forecasting) to deliver strong, risk-balanced plans for continued business growth. Reports to the VP & CFO, Off-Road. Provide leadership and direction to Off-Road FP&A team and drives financial insights, control, and visibility across the organization, including Operations and International. Partners closely with Off-Road Platform Finance, Off-Road Operations Finance Directors. Provides insights to and integrates plans with all Polaris GBUs and Corporate Planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Accountable for and manages the financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, business cases, and analysis of all financial aspects of the segment with over $6B in global sales.
• Senior member of the Off-Road Management team that develops and optimizes profitable retail and ship strategies as well as pricing and promotional strategies.
• Drive the core financial processes for Off-Road including Annual Budget, Long Range Plan, and Monthly Operating Reviews/Quarterly Forecasts - including compilation, review and presentation and communication of budget, forecast and actual financial reports.
• Work closely with Off-Road leaders to drive the business results, lead the financial interpretation of issues that arise and recommend courses of action for the P&L and balance sheet; including LRP
• Partner closely with Marketing, Sales, Service, and Engineering business partners to drive results.
• Improve forecast accuracy and advance/develop driver-based and advanced analytical/machine learning tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness
• Lead and evaluate performance to the Off-Road plan and communicate opportunities in revenue (retail and ship), margin, operating expenses, capital, and inventory.
• Complete complex business modeling and analysis to drive revenue growth, identify operating improvements, deep dive on cost structures and analyze business opportunities/investments (ROI/NPV)
• Collaborate with Business Development on Off-Road partnerships and acquisition activity from a financial perspective including integration efforts as opportunities arise.
• Integrate with Corporate, PG&A, Central Operations, and International as appropriate to optimize financial results and coordinate plans to achieve global PII objectives and goals.
• Drive process improvement across all aspects FP&A processes including implementation and/or enhancement of tools
• Lead, develop and coach the Off-Road FP&A team. Set department and individual goals. Monitor progress to goals. Provide a positive working environment, including strategy, goals, hiring and employee development.
• Supervise the maintenance and documentation Off-Road and company-wide financial processes and procedures.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field. An MBA is preferred.
• 10-12 years experience in finance/accounting required, international experience a plus.
• Demonstrated success at partnering with, leading and influencing multiple teams responsible for complex operations. This includes ability to analyze complex and voluminous data and turn it into actionable information and plans.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships in a matrix environment with multiple customers and evaluators.
• Proven success in driving change and leading process improvement within finance and business support systems.
• Excellent communication, influencing and executive leadership skills; strong business acumen
• 5+ years experience recruiting, retaining, and developing teams
• Experience communicating, reporting and influencing executive leadership in a strategic partnership capacity.
• Detail oriented, possess strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of Excel financial modeling.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives at once.
Dynamic fast-paced team environment. Some travel is required.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.