At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
2nd Shift Engineering Supervisor
Polaris Industries is seeking an engineering supervisor for our off-road vehicle proving grounds near Eden, Texas. The supervisor will provide day to day direction for 2nd shift test drivers and facility operations. Test drivers are responsible for instrumenting, driving, maintaining, and performing vehicle inspections for the duration of testing. The supervisor will be responsible for complete facility operations and safety protocols during 2nd shift testing.
Location: Polaris Proving Grounds- Eden, TX
Job Level: Supervisor- D Level
- Coordinate daily work plans for test drivers and facility operations
- Monitor tests to ensure they are being executed to plan
- Strong ability to manage with minimal supervision
- Ensure test consistency and quality
- Establish and manage preventative maintenance routines to provide vehicle and test track uptime
- Supervision of direct and indirect staff including recruiting, training, and performance reviews
- Lead team to maintain a clean, safe work environment that meets OSHA requirements
- Maintain adequate spare parts supply for field test vehicles within budgetary guidelines
- Work with validation engineers to streamline test requests and vehicle inspection processes
- Monitor and track field testing progress to ensure quality and timing targets are met
- Maintain test schedule 6 months out to ensure staff is utilized and any potential staff shortages are mitigated
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Participate in root cause failure analysis and issue resolution process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Knowledge:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent Testing Experience Required
- Strong background in powersports industry preferred
- Strong technical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Direct and/or indirect leadership experience is preferred
- 5S workplace organization a plus
- ORV riding experience desired
- Hands-on instrumentation/electrical/mechanical experience is desired
- Experience with Microsoft office software –Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, etc.
- Must be conscientious, detail oriented, committed to quality and timeliness in your deliverables.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.