At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Polaris Sales Internship Program (SIP) is a twelve-week summer program that accelerates career development for current undergraduate sophomores and juniors who want to build a foundation of business knowledge and leadership skills.
As a Sales Intern, you will be given impactful project-based assignments that directly align with business objectives. Some of the projects may encompass activities like: market opportunity & competitive analysis, Go-To-Market planning & execution, product launch, Event support, Profitability analysis for new businesses, pricing, photo shoots, sales promotions and events, to name a few.
While you may collaborate on cross-functional teams to design, develop and implement various projects, you will be placed into a specific assignment based on interest and business need in any of the following areas:
- Field Sales: Working with our dealerships to deliver mutual goals
- Product Line Sales: Business insights and promotions
- Channel Development: Improvement, training, program development for dealer network
- Retail Marketing: Sales Events, Training, In-Store, Local Advertising Strategy
- Product Planning and Development: Product Development Process, Market Research
- Sales and Distribution: Retail experience, distribution network, Sales Lean process
Internship locations are founded in business need and are typically placed in one of the following locations: Plymouth, MN; Medina, MN. Sales internships will include frequent travel within the field.
During this paid internship, you will have the support and resources you need to develop your business and sales skills, while establishing relationships with Polaris leadership. You will also be paired with a manager and a mentor who are committed to your success. Upon completion of the internship program, interns who demonstrate exceptional performance and a passion to learn may be offered an additional internship or a full-time position, depending on eligibility.
Polaris offers relocation reimbursement to interns who qualify. Intern responsibilities include:
- Transportation to/from office
- Securing housing for the duration of the internship
- Attending a 2-3 day summit event in Minnesota: an opportunity to learn from executives, network with other interns, and participate in professional development.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Sales, Marketing or other related degree
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Able to complete full 12-week internship working 40 hours per week (May/June-August 2023)
- Geographic flexibility
- Proven strength in the following: analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software tools (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, and Word)
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.