At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
What to expect:
The Polaris Sales Leadership Development Program (SLDP) is a program designed to accelerate career development for recent college graduates. Those selected for our Sales Leadership Development program, will find why many of the current managers and senior leaders within Polaris claim their sales and field experience was an invaluable part of their career. The SLDP program provides a strong foundation for future growth through:
- Understanding the customer and dealer retail environment, including dealer operations and processes
- Network and channel influence / management influence
- Leveraging business insights and analytics to identify business opportunities
- Further developing leadership capabilities
- Ongoing sales and communication training and coaching to develop the skills necessary to succeed
Our unique two-year development program allows you the opportunity to work in roles within sales, marketing, and key areas of the business to gain an understanding of how our businesses operate and the skills to pursue next steps within one of our sales teams. Following the SLDP rotations, employees will work in a sales role with one of our teams, for a minimum term of two years. With proven performance in sales, employees have a breadth of career options ahead of them at Polaris – from sales to marketing, product line sales, channel, product, and leadership roles.
Through your business rotations, you will be given challenging assignments in each of your four, six-month rotations to accelerate your career development for future positions of significant responsibility. The variety of work gives you an introduction to what working at Polaris is all about and helps you develop the skills for success working directly with our dealer network as a sales professional. Additionally, the broad exposure will help you determine which business units are best suited to your interests and the company's needs.
Polaris provides the resources, support and environment you need to realize both personal and professional success in this role. While accelerating your career development, you will also establish mentor relationships with our business leadership, networking opportunities, and access to SLDP alumni that will continue throughout your career with Polaris. Areas you will gain exposure to in your rotations may include:
- Territory sales, account planning and management
- Channel marketing, retail event planning
- Business insights and promotions
- Customer experience management
- Channel development, training, and improvement
- Parts & Accessories marketing and sales plan development
- Dealer services
After completion of the Development Program you will be placed into a Sales position within one of our sales teams. Examples of these positions could include a District Retail Manager, District Sales Manager, Retail Experience Manager.
Mobility is expected of our SLDP participants. SLDP’s are typically placed in any of the following locations: Plymouth, MN; Medina, MN, with resulting sales roles dependent on nationwide openings and may require relocation.
- Pay for Performance Company which uniquely allows employees to receive Annual Profit-Sharing bonuses based upon the performance of the employee
- A generous 401K employee’s contribution matching program
- Tuition Reimbursement program to support employees who want to further their education after starting employment
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business with an emphasis in Sales, Marketing or other related degree
- Graduating between December 2022-June 2023
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Ongoing geographic flexibility: you must be willing to travel and relocate between sites for your rotations as well as mobility beyond the rotational program to support accelerating your development
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software; Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, SharePoint
This position is not eligible for sponsorship.
- Previous Internship/Co-op experience
- Previous leadership experience in work, organizations, or classroom
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.