At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
The Electrical System Validation Engineer will be responsible for the development, implementation, and improvements to new and existing electrical and software test procedures, equipment, and processes for Indian Motorcycles and Polaris Slingshot electrical systems and components. Create and lead the validation plan and issue resolution process for the electrical and software content of motorcycle projects. Use reliability methodologies to ensure vehicle electrical systems and components meet quality targets.
- Work with the Control Systems Engineers and Project Engineers to understand software and hardware specifications and develop appropriate validation plans.
- Coordinate, supervise, and conduct testing of software, component, and system level tests.
- Work with the project teams to ensure validation activity is performed at appropriate times during the development process and communicate status.
- Support team in root cause analysis of issues discovered and provide potential solutions.
- Instrument vehicles to measure voltage, current, various sensor outputs, and vehicle communication protocols (CAN /J1939/UDS) data.
- Operate hardware and software including Somat eDaq, nCode, Aptiv, ReliaSoft, CANalyzer and other data acquisition and processing products.
- Train, mentor and provide direction to others in electrical and software testing methodologies such as EMC, HIL, Regulatory, and full vehicle system validation.
- Improve existing and develop new test procedures to support electrical component and system level validation.
- Occasional travel to southern test sites and manufacturing facilities, less than 10%.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar (Software, Computer Science, Controls, Mechatronic, etc.).
- Familiarity with Product Development Process (PDP) stage gate development. Interact with Program Management and Product Team during PDP phases. Understands and aligns development to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Strong technical analysis, problem-solving, and communication skills required.
- Experience with data acquisition, telematics, and electronic testing tools (multimeter, scopes, data acquisition, etc.) required.
- Hands on experience with vehicle electrical/ software architectures, electromechanical systems and controls, electrical powertrains or similar required.
- Experience with communication networks required, CAN and J1939 or UDS preferred.
- Experience with DFMEA, SFMEA, and Functional Safety is a plus.
- Must be conscientious, detail oriented, committed to quality and timeliness in your deliverables.
- Must be a self-motivated, team-oriented individual who can work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Test/ Validation Engineering experience preferred.
- Motorcycle driver’s license endorsement and riding experience preferred.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.