At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Our Digital Design & Experience team creates the user interfaces for on-vehicle displays, mobile applications, and rider web portals for all of our products. We are looking to grow the team with both interaction and visual design skills. True hybrid designers (interaction + visual) are preferred, but we will be happy to talk to any great designer that fits the team. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of excellence and a thorough working knowledge of User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) Design. They will be responsible for defining how people interact with Polaris products – designing the systematic and functional foundation for product interactions. The ideal candidate will be proficient at establishing User Interface (UI) standards, design hierarchy, ease of use, and consistency across Polaris products. Experience in automotive and consumer electronics industries and knowledge of user research methods preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design world-class digital product interface designs for various powersports applications
- Work with cross-functional teams (Industrial Design, product managers, engineers, customer service, and marketing) on various applications, user flows, and visual design projects
- Develop flow-diagrams, wireframes, storyboards, visual design comps, paper and electronic prototypes as needed to communicate designs to the rest of the team and company stakeholders
- Collaborate with hardware and software engineers to sculpt a singular, clear and cohesive end user experience across the Polaris product ecosystem
- Support project managers in work estimates and planning
- Identify and recommend areas of technology investment and development (technology demonstration projects)
- Other duties as required
Skills & Knowledge:
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. interaction, visual, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field plus 5+ years of relevant work experience (In lieu of degree, 8-10+ years relevant work experience)
- Passion for user experience (UX) and usability & powersports
- Strong creative, design, and visualization skills
- Hands-on, get things done attitude
- "Pixel-perfectionist" with attention to design detail
- Strong technical understanding of how hardware, software, and cloud services work together
- Excellent written communication & documentation skills
- Ability to work independently, but also in a team environment
- Remote office capabilities dedicated to a fast-paced lab/clubhouse environment located in Sunnyvale, CA
- Some in-context vehicle testing (mostly optional)
- Some ad hoc travel involved
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.