At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Job Description: Design Engineer – E-Powertrain
This role is responsible for the design, layout and packaging of E-powertrain systems, components and will create the associated drawings for various Polaris products. This individual will work closely with a cross-functional team of vehicle engineers, systems engineers, CAE Modeling and simulation, project teams to create and execute innovative ePT designs. An example of mechanical design responsible powertrain components shall cover; traction battery system assembles, the interface designs for e-motor, motor drives, chargers, and DC/DC converters, also including space claim studies for all listed ePT components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with ePT Systems and component engineers, while staying on schedule, from concept to production implementation.
- Assist in creating mechanical component specifications for new or modified ePT modules.
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing, and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
- Majority of time will be dedicated to creating and releasing 3D models, complex assemblies and detailed 2D drawings within the CREO and Windchill environments, and the analysis required to support the above and supervise their release through the Polaris Release System.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates own work as well as communicates through regular updates, accountable for meeting schedule completion dates or for providing timely feedback when dates cannot be met
- Lead and participate in design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all stakeholder groups
- Communicate with vendors to drive design for manufacturability
- Reviews engineering drawings and supporting documents to verify ASME Y14.5 GD&T practices and adherence to company and/or industry standard practices
- Generates design concepts with layouts indicating alternative designs and recommended solutions, confers with necessary staff to resolve details not completely defined.
- May participate in a Powertrain design, development or testing peer groups
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Required-B.S in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent
3-6 years minimum related design experience in an O.E. Environment
- Minimum of 3 years experience in drafting and GD&T application preferred
- Experience in design related processes such as: GD&T, FMEA, DVP&R, DRBFM, dimensional tolerance stack-ups
- High level of people skills, able to work in a global team environment required.
- Extensive experience in complex assembly and component tolerance stacks
- Proven track record and extensive experience with PTC Creo 3D Modeling and Windchill Database Management
- Must be a self-starter that requires minimal work direction and capable of self-scheduling tasks within project timing
- Ability to effectively communicate among global teams, as well as domestic and international technology partners
- Knowledge and experience with the mechanical design of ePT components, including lithium-ion battery systems.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
Fast paced office environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.