At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Off-Road Vehicle - Structures/Chassis Supervisor
Title: Supervisor, Structures/Chassis
Role: ORV – Structures/Chassis/Body; Department: Engineering; Location: Bangalore
The Structures/Chassis Supervisor is to lead a team of multi-disciplinary Structure engineers-responsible for leading the design, development, pre-development and validation of structural components from concept to production-for new and existing Polaris Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) products, including the chassis, roll over protection system (ROPS), bumpers and other structural members. Provide support as directed to the development and delivery of the best in cab rider experience in the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning & Strategy:
- Technical Solutions: Lead a team of engineers in the development of technical solutions and tools specific to Polaris’ vehicle systems.
- Design, develop, improve, and optimize chassis performance for ORVs.
- Prepares preliminary sketches, layout, and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solutions of engineering problems.
- Ensures designs are meeting the safety, quality, reliability, development schedule, and cost goals set forth by the whole goods and accessory product planning groups.
- Ensure design tasks in the Polaris Release System and their timely release.
- Monitor, create (if require) & maintain component specifications, DFMEA’s, and DVP&R’s.
- Supports the validation and manufacturing strategy for all responsible systems from concept through production.
- Use CAE and other tools to evaluate and improve preliminary designs.
- Leads and participates in design reviews on assigned project to ensure adequate input and involvement.
- Analyze field problems and determine corrective actions, support benchmarking studies
- Knowledge Management-facilitate the team effort in the area of knowledge capture to utilizing a framework for leveraging historical data in the future.
Leadership and Technical Mentoring:
- Build, lead, coach, and develop a world class Engineering team at the Polaris Bangalore Center.
- Provide technical leadership to direct reports in the ORV team you are responsible for.
- Responsible for setting goals, reviews, training, and professional development of the team.
- Support continuous improvement to drive better efficiencies in delivery and quality of work performed.
- Proactively develop employee capabilities through working relationships, sharing knowledge, and building networks across the company. Interact and work with resources from within the Polaris global engineering sites.
- Grow technical specialists in key technical areas that benefit the corporate needs.
Set expectations of a learning environment and coaching environment.
- Oversee deliverables to projects and ensure first time and on time.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.E. / B. Tech. in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- 12+ years’ experience related design/ development with people management skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package-CREO preferred.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) package is a plus.
- Experience using PTC Windchill Product Lifecycle Management software is a plus.
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups, fit & finish.
- Proficient in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with and travel to domestic and international technology partners.
- Self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced work environment.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Fast paced office environment.
- Flexible hours are required to participate in meetings with global team.
- International Travel to United States may be required (less than 10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.