At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Responsible for establishing and implementing the most cost efficient methods for production. Plans and coordinates the activities necessary to produce specified products within safety, quality and cost standards. Also ensures schedule compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instruction.
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and work station layout.
- Defines tooling and fixturing used in the manufacturing process. Coordinates with tool designers to specify or procure new tooling, fixtures and ideas and fixtures.
- Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards. Provides solution to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
- Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up, and work station layout.
- Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researches methods and procedures for cost reduction, work cell development and material flow improvement.
- Assists in development and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
- Reviews preliminary designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturing and quality on new or existing parts.
- Develops detailed, complete and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
- Assists in preparation of departmental budget including material, manpower, equipment and outside procurement costs, and operates within approved parameters.
- Reviews and evaluates cost pertaining to make vs. buy decisions and new product development.
- Process purchase requisitions and records as required.
- Team members are expected to work wherever needed based on training.
- Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
- Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area.
- Complete company provided training.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
- 3-5 years of Mfg. Engineering experience.
- Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills required
- Proficiency with PC's.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Exhaust Manufacturing a plus
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.