At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Title: Middleware Architect
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
Location : Bangalore
Polaris, a global powersports leader, is looking for a firmware architect to build high quality products on the Ride Command team. This is an exciting position on a team building world-class connected rider solutions. As a technical contributor on the team, you will have the ability and empowerment to make changes and move quickly. You will have the opportunity to directly impact infotainment and gauge projects at Polaris. The ideal candidate is effective in a fast-paced Agile development environment, pushing industry best practices and system maturity. Interest in powersports is a plus, as there are many opportunities to ride!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
• Understand customer requirements for Polaris’s products
• Drive new technology roadmap for the in-vehicle infotainment system
• Create technical design for in-vehicle infotainment features or services
• Advise developers for implementation of a design
• Analyze the requirement to drive a cohesive software design
• Provide high level estimate and task breakdown
• Lead feasibility study for new technologies
• Perform design, design review, coding, code review as needed
• Flexible enough to work on multiple products being produced for a fast-changing market
• Have a quality-focused mindset for delivering a software system that is simple and maintainable
• Have a customer-focused mindset for delivering a product that is centered around a great customer experience
• Analyze system performance for bottlenecks
• Help build and maintain high team morale
• Other duties and responsibilities as needed
SKILLS & KNOWLDGE
• BE in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical engineering or related field or ME in a related field.
• Minimum of 8 years software development for Linux and QT based systems.
• Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
• Strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Experience implementing Linux applications and daemons.
• Comfort using desktop Linux and open-source tools for day-to-day development.
• Ability to quickly learn and apply new skills with minimal supervision.
• Familiar with Agile software development methodology in Automotive.
• Software architect experience in automotive industry.
• Experience with Bluetooth, Audio and Media applications on an in-vehicle infotainment system, including BT Classic and LE, audio/DSP technologies and Apple CarPlay.
• Tier-1 or Tier-2 working experience for automotive industry.
• Strong knowledge about Linux kernel development.
• Experience with unit test and test automation.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; military and commercial off-road vehicles; snowmobiles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; Aixam quadricycles; Goupil electric vehicles; and pontoon and deck boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a robust portfolio of parts, garments, and accessories. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.