At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
We have an exciting role available with our Off-Road Vehicle (ORV) team. In this role, you will support and lead teams to determine the root cause of emerging quality issues. We need a talented, collaborative, and customer-focused engineer that has demonstrated capabilities with problem-solving tracking tools and methods. You will work with the design and production release teams to develop countermeasures for quality improvement.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Be action oriented and hands-on, using problem-solving processes to lead or support scope, root cause, consequence, and solution implementation of potential quality issues
- Use CAPAs to drive corrective actions that will apply learnings across the organization
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify potential product safety issues that require additional focus
- Work with project teams to define project goals and system specifications
- Organize and lead design reviews to ensure adequate input and involvement from all engineering and functional groups
- Monitor current data sources to identify trends that require attention
- Develop processes/standards for continuous improvement as needed
- Ensure all learnings are communicated to the peer team and captured in technical documentation i.e. Design Standards, FMEAs, RAVE and DVP&Rs
- Support other initiatives that relate to product safety & quality
- Benchmark competitive designs
Education, Skills, and Knowledge:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or closely related curriculum required
- 5 years of design and development experience in an OEM environment is highly desired
- Understanding and experience with vehicle systems preferred
- Understanding and knowledge of component manufacturing processes including casting, forging, machining, stamping, welding, plastic injection molding, heat treating, plating, and powder metal preferred
- Hands on problem solving experience along with mechanical aptitude strongly preferred
- Instrumentation, testing, and fabrication skills preferred
- CAD design and production drawing release capability preferred
- Experience with GD&T, dimensional stack-ups, and FMEA preferred
- Experience with system specifications preferred
- Creative, innovative, decisive, and prone to action with strong attention to detail
- Structured problem solving and predictive statistics experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical groups
- Organization and ability to move multiple items forward in parallel
- Decisive, self-motivated, and prone to action with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Must be customer focused to drive continual improvement
- Power Business Intelligence experience
- Basic understanding of statistical methods/data analysis
- Ability to ride ATV and SxS vehicles to understand the application needs
- Located in Wyoming, MN.
- Mix of office, shop, lab, production, and field as required. Fast paced environment.
- Travel to other Polaris offices, Monterrey Mexico plant, and dealers as needed (up to 10%).
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.