About the Contest:
- 12 Grand Prize winners will travel to Colorado to ride with Polaris Terrain Dominator Chris Burandt who will show them why the RMK is the Undisputed King of the Mountains.
- Winners will be featured in a SnowTrax Television segment focused on the contest and ride experience.
- Travel, lodging and meal accommodations included.
- Contest closes at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on November 30, 2013.
The contest is now over. Stay tuned for the winners!
Thank you for entering the RMK King Challenge Sweepstakes with Chris Burandt.
To see why the RMK is the Undisputed King of the Mountain, Click Here
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO ARE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES , THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND CANADA, WHO ARE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES OR CANADA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada who are 18 years of age or older. Employees, directors and officers of Polaris Industries, Inc. (“Sponsor”), and its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, distributors, and web design, advertising, fulfillment, and judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Promotional Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or "step" of each) and those living in the same household of each such individual (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest) are not eligible to enter or win a prize.
- CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: Contest begins on September 7, at 7:00:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) and ends on November 30, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT (the “Contest Entry Period”). The Web Site server is the official clock for this Contest.
TO ENTER: There are two methods of entry for this Contest as outlined below. Eligible minors agree to obtain permission from a parent or legal guardian before entering the Contest.
Online via Web site: Go online to the Polaris® Snowmobile Contest page located at www.terraindomination.com/RMKChallenge (the "Web Site") during the Contest Entry Period and follow the on-screen directions to properly complete the online registration form and submit your answers to the questions pertaining to your snowmobile experience (the "Essay").
Via Official Entry Form: To enter, visit a participating 2014 Polaris event (as shown online at www.terraindomination.com) during the Contest Period and fill out the official entry form with the required registration information and complete the questions pertaining to your snowmobile experience (also the "Essay"). You must complete all required fields on the form and leave the entry form with a representative at the on-site booth. Incomplete forms will be disqualified from the Contest.
Submission of an Essay grants Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Essay in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. Submission of any Essay further constitutes the entrant's consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in the Essay, including, without limitation, all copyrights. Essays must be the original work of the entrant, may not have won previous awards, may not have been published previously, must not infringe third-party rights, and must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent). Any person featured in submissions must sign a release prior to awarding of a prize.
WINNER SELECTION: All eligible Essays will be judged by a qualified panel of internal judges chosen by Sponsor on or about December 13, 2013, and based on the following judging criteria:
- Overall appeal (50%)
- Personality and Character (25%)
- Relevance to the brand and product (25%)
Each Essay will be assigned a score for each judging criteria, and the twelve essays with the highest total scores will be declared the Grand Prize winners. In the event of a tie for a winner, the head judge will select the winner based on "Overall Enthusiasm". Entrants agree that the Sponsor and the judges have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor and the judges are final and binding.
- PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV"): Twelve (12) Grand Prizes: a trip for winner to Kremmling, Colorado to ride with Chris Burandt. Trip includes: round-trip coach class air travel from international/major airport closest to winner's residence, transportation to/from hotel, 4 days/3 nights hotel accommodations (standard room), and meals for the duration of the trip. Winner must be able to travel between January 9, 2014 and January 12, 2014.
ARV: $4,000 USD/$4,000 CAD. Actual value may vary, depending on departure city and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between actual value and estimated value will not be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per person/household.
- PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prizes are non-transferable, and no cash redemption or prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize with one of comparable or greater value. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the winner. Travel dates and all travel arrangements and accommodations are subject to availability and Sponsor's discretion. If winner cannot travel/attend on the dates specified by Sponsor (between January 9, 2014 and January 12, 2014), prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. If winner's residence is within approximately 150 miles of the destination location, winner will receive ground transportation in lieu of air transportation, and no compensation will be given for such substitution. Airport, airline, ground transportation, meals, and hotel accommodations will be determined by the Sponsor. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and restrictions. All airfare, luggage fees, hotel, meals, ground transportation, gratuities, excursions fees, alcoholic beverages, and any other incidental costs or other expenses not specifically set forth herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner must comply with all security requirements for travel, and is solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to departure date for travel (e.g., a valid government-issued passport or U.S. driver's license). Winner (or winner's parent/legal guardian if winner is under the age of majority) must sign and return a release of liability/publicity before travel is booked. Winner participation in any or all activities on the prize trip is voluntary. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omission whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other person providing prize-related services or accommodations. Winner is also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledges that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Potential winners are subject to verification. The potential winners will be contacted via a traceable method of delivery and will be required to complete, sign, and return a Declaration/Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release (granting the use of the winner's name, city/state/province, likeness, and/or photograph by Sponsor for advertising/publicity purposes, without further compensation) within five (5) days of attempted mail notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address and/or telephone number of entrants. If potential winner is found not to be eligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if prize notification or prize is unclaimed or returned as undeliverable, or if prize is rejected, the potential winner will be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. Prizes won by an eligible entrant who is a minor in his/her state/province of residence will be awarded to minor's parent or legal guardian who must sign and return all required documents. U.S. prize winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize they receive, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used. Winners will be issued an IRS 1099 form for prize value. Winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number or tax identification number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. Canadian residents may be subject to withholding taxes under U.S. tax law.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux of the province of Québec, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will award the prizes in a random manner to be determined by Sponsor. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant's sole remedy shall be another entry into the Contest. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from user's participation in, attempt to participate in the Contest, or download of any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences, without limitation, that may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsor and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind that may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. As a condition of entering, entrants agree to release and hold Sponsor and the Contest Parties harmless from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to entrant's participation in the Contest and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto.
- PUBLICITY: Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winner grants permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use their name, and address (city and state/province), photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on Web Site) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice to and without additional compensation. If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner's list.
BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to a Polaris Industries Inc. promotion shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS ("JAMS Rules and Procedures") then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. The arbitrator shall apply Minnesota law consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable statutes of limitations, and shall honor claims of privilege recognized at law. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, Polaris Industries Inc. will pay as much of the claimant's filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor Polaris Industries Inc. shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT'S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN A POLARIS INDUSTRIES, INC. PROMOTION, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE PROMOTION, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS' FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT'S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
- GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: This Contest is offered in the United States and Canada and is governed by the laws of the United States and Canada applicable thereto. By entering, you agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, USA, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Hennepin County, Minnesota for the resolution of all disputes, and agree that any and all disputes shall be resolved exclusively in those courts.
- QUEBEC RESIDENTS: For residents of Quebec, any litigation concerning the conduct or administration of this publicity contest may be submitted to the Regie dus alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation concerning the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Regie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY. In the event that there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the English-language version and the French-language version of these Official Rules or of any Contest materials, the English version shall prevail, govern, and control.
- WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners' names, visit www.terraindomination/RMKChallenge on or about January 1, 2014. The list of winners will be posted online for 30 days after winner verification.
- SPONSOR: Polaris Industries, Inc., 2100 Hwy 55, Medina, MN 55340.
Polaris RMK King Challenge with Chris Burandt Contest. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Contest begins on September 7, 2013 at 9:00:00 a.m. Central Time ("CT") and ends on November 30, 2013 at 11:59:59 p.m. CT. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada who are 18 years of age or older. Void where prohibited. Twelve (12) Grand Prizes: a trip for winner to Kremmling, CO to ride with Chris Burandt. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. See "Official Rules" for details. Sponsor: Polaris Industries, Inc., 2100 Hwy 55, Medina, MN 55340.