Polaris Pro Class Racers Earn 6 Podium Finishes in 4 Pro Races
MEDINA, Minn. (Dec. 19, 2014) – Polaris cross-country snowmobile racers demonstrated true Terrain Domination at the USXC season opener near Gonvick, Minn., Dec. 14-15, as they won six class titles and earned six of 12 podium finishes in the Pro classes. Gabe Bunke (Bunke Racing) led the way, winning the Pro Open class both days and reaching the podium in all four of the weekend’s Pro-class races.
Bunke, who is expanding his off-track role as a team owner, showed he is still committed to winning races and USXC points titles. In two days of racing at the USXC season opener, he ran in four Pro events and reached the podium every time. He won the Pro Open class both days, finished second in Sunday’s Pro Stock race and took third in Pro Stock on Saturday.
• Ryan Faust (Faust Racing) reached the podium with a second-place finish in Pro Open on Saturday, and finished fourth in that day’s Pro Stock race.
• Aaron Christensen (AC Racing) finished third in Pro Open on Sunday, and he finished in the top seven in all four Pro-class races.
• Eric Christensen took third in Super Stock on Sunday and finished fourth in Masters 40 and Over both days.
• Jill Tangen won the weekend’s Pro Women’s race, and Anne Pladson finished second.
• Lucas Manning had an outstanding weekend in the Sport classes. On Saturday he won Sport Stock and Sport Improved, and he won in Sport Improved again on Sunday.
• Polaris racer Austin Reinertson won Sunday’s Sport Stock class and Jill Tangen finished third. Reinertson earned two other podium spots on the weekend with third-place finishes, Andy Wenzlaff finished second in Saturday’s Sport Improved race, and Nels Wicklund finished fourth in both of Saturday’s Sport races.
The next USXC race will be Jan. 4, 2014, in Detroit Lakes, Minn.
Polaris is a recognized leader in the powersports industry with annual 2012 sales of $3.2 billion. Polaris designs, engineers, manufactures and markets innovative, high quality off-road vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) and the Polaris RANGER® and RZR® side-by-side vehicles, snowmobiles, motorcycles and small vehicles.
Polaris is among the global sales leaders for both snowmobiles and off-road vehicles and has established a presence in the heavyweight cruiser and touring motorcycle market with the Victory and Indian motorcycle brands. Additionally, Polaris continues to invest in the global on-road small vehicle industry with Global Electric Motorcars (GEM), Goupil Industrie SA, Aixam Mega S.A.S., and internally developed vehicles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with a complete line of Polaris and KLIM branded apparel and Polaris accessories and parts.
Polaris Industries Inc. trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol “PII”, and the Company is included in the S&P Mid-Cap 400 stock price index.
Information about the complete line of Polaris products, apparel and vehicle accessories are available from authorized Polaris dealers or anytime at www.polaris.com.