SALES & MARKETING DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Polaris Sales & Marketing Leadership Development Program (SMLDP) accelerates career development for recent college graduates who wish to further develop their business knowledge and leadership skills.
Our unique two year development program allows you the opportunity to work in roles within Sales and Marketing to build a solid business foundation, and to declare a focus area for more intense learning.
Through rigorous business rotations, you will accelerate your career development for future positions of significant responsibility. The program provides the resources, support and environment you need to realize both personal and professional success.
You'll begin building your skills and knowledge early through a series of intensive short-term assignments. The variety of assignments gives you an introduction to what working at Polaris is all about and helps you decide where you can do the work best suited to your interests and the company's needs. During this program you will also establish mentor relationships with our business leadership that will continue throughout your career with Polaris.
What to Expect
During the Program (Years 1 & 2)
You will have an individualized development plan of four rotations (each 6 months long) in Sales and Marketing. These rotations are designed to help build a solid and well-rounded business background, focused in Sales and Marketing. Some of the areas you’ll gain exposure to in your rotations include:
- Retail Marketing à Sales Events, Training, In-Store, Local Advertising Strategy
- Media Execution à Creative Development, Agency Management, Social Media, Digital Marketing
- Marketing Communications à New Product Introduction, Marketing Collateral Creation, Asset Creation
- Product Planning and Development à Product Development Process, Market Research
- Dealer Development à Prospect Identification and Sell-In, Market Analysis, Competitive Analysis
- Territory Sales à Account Management, Territory Planning, Retail Planning, Demand Creation
After the Program (Years 3 & 4)
After completion of four (6 month) rotations you will be placed into your first Sales or Marketing related position for a minimum of 2 years. Examples of these positions may include a District Sales Manager or a Marketing Specialist.
Becoming a Candidate
The SMLDP program selects a limited number of top college graduates. To become a candidate, please check out our recruiting calendar to see if we will be visiting your campus or apply online. Our primary recruiting for these positions happens in the months of September through November.
- Four-year degree with coursework emphasis in Sales and Marketing.
- Proven academic success.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, and analytical skills.
- Geographic mobility.
- Unrestricted Work Authorization.
Recruitment for these positions takes place August – November of each year. When positions are available, openings can be found on our careers job board, or click on the apply now link. If no apply now link is showing, positions are not available.