Engineering Development Program
The Polaris Engineering Development Program (EDP) offers a unique opportunity for recent graduate engineers who share our commitment to becoming a global force in the design and production of world-class snowmobiles, all-terrain vehicles, motorcycles, electric/hybrid powered vehicles and Polaris engines. What to Expect
Our unique two-year development program will help you develop essential skills in Polaris Engineering processes that provide a broad-based understanding of the product development cycle, and give you in-depth exposure to our customers and their needs. The program provides the resources, support and environment you need to realize both personal and professional success.
There are 3 branches of the program: Core Mechanical, Powertrain and Electrical. Each branch provides a focused experience working alongside experts on meaningful projects. You'll begin building your skills and knowledge early through a series of short-term assignments including:
• Design Engineering (Only for Core Mechanical Program)
• Manufacturing Engineering (Only for Core Mechanical Program)
• Development and Testing
• Project Engineering or Project Management
• Executive Presentations highlighting your progress with the Polaris CEO, Vice Presidents, Directors and General Managers
• Periodic training in technical, project management and presentation skills
Rotations can take place in a variety of our teams including, Small Vehicles, Snowmobiles, ORVs, On Road vehicles and Engines. Assignments may include exposure to International teams and projects. The variety of assignments gives you an introduction to what working at Polaris is all about. These rotations will ultimately help pair your skills with the companies needs at the completion of the program. During this program you will also establish mentor relationships with our technical leadership that will continue throughout your career with Polaris. Becoming a Candidate
The EDP program is selective. A limited number of openings occur each year, and only the most promising college graduates are chosen. To become a candidate, please check out our recruiting calendar to see if we will be visiting your campus or apply online. Our primary recruiting for these positions happens in the months of September through November. Qualifications
• A superior undergraduate academic record (Overall GPA of 3.0 minimum).
• Exhibited leadership characteristics and excellent communication skills.
• Proven academic success in key Finance and/or Engineering courses
• Internship or Co-op experiences related to your field of study and interests.
• Desire to work in a team environment and take a proactive leadership role.
• The drive to actively contribute to both personal and company-wide goals through creative and innovative thinking.
• Proven strength in analysis and creative problem solving, communication, interpersonal relationships, self-motivation, and leadership.
• Geographic mobility
• Unrestricted work authorization
Recruitment for these positions takes place September – November of each year. When positions are available, openings can be found on our careers job board, or click on the apply now link. If no apply now link is showing, positions are not available, however please sign up for our Talent Community so you can be notified when openings are available. Click here to sign up!