Polaris Hillclimbers Sweep the Pro Stock Classes at Grand Targhee to Finish RMSHA Season with 27 of 28 Stock Wins
Minneapolis, MN (April 26, 2017) – Polaris snowmobile hillclimbers capped off a tremendous RMSHA season by winning eight Pro classes, including a sweep of the four Stock classes, this past weekend at Alta, Wyo. The team dominated the Pro Stock races this season winning an unprecedented 27 of 28 events. Polaris racers also won all four King of the Hill crowns, all three Semi-Pro classes and the Women’s Queen of the Hill title.
• Polaris Racer Luke Rainey won three Pro Stock classes (600, 700, 800) and reached the podium in all five of his classes. He also won the Snow Bike class on a Timbersled. Rainey finished the season with 11 Pro class victories.
• Keith Curtis also earned five podium finishes, won two Pro classes (800 Mod and 1000 Stock), and won the Stock and Mod King of the Hill titles. He finished the season with 13 Pro King of the Hill titles and 23 Pro class wins.
• Erin Beukelman won 800 and 1000 Improved Stock among his four podium finishes. He also won Improved Stock King of the Hill.
• Storm Johnson had a perfect day in Semi-Pro winning all three classes and King of the Hill.
• Shelley Heap won Women’s 600 Stock, Improved Stock and the Queen of the Hill crown for the sixth time this season.
• Brock Sharp won Amateur Stock, Amateur Mod and the Juniors class.
Polaris racers also received honors off-the-mountain at Grand Targhee Resort where Polaris Racer Andy Thomas was named RMSHA Racer of the Year.
Polaris Industries Inc. (NYSE: PII) is a global powersports leader that has been fueling the passion of riders, workers and outdoor enthusiasts for more than 60 years. With annual 2016 sales of $4.5 billion, Polaris’ innovative, high-quality product line-up includes the RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; the Sportsman® and Polaris ACE® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; and Polaris RMK®, INDY®, Switchback® and RUSH® snowmobiles. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets globally includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. Visit www.polaris.com for more information.