1. HOW DOES POLARIS COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
POLARIS collects personal information in a number of different ways. POLARIS collects most information directly from customers where possible. POLARIS also collects personal information from its new and existing customers through warranty registration forms received directly or through one of its authorised Dealers. POLARIS collects personal and business information about its Dealers. POLARIS also collects personal information from prospective customers or persons interested in Polaris products from online forms on our website at http://www.polarisindustries.com.au
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES POLARIS COLLECT?
If you apply to be a POLARIS dealer, you will be asked to provide your name, address, ACN and ABN, all contact telephone numbers, your occupation, your email address, credit reference details and other commercial information relevant to your POLARIS dealer application.
3. HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
The personal information collected from you by POLARIS is used:
- to provide you with its services: this includes the use of personal information for establishing and maintaining your warranty registration, to inform you of product recalls (if any), or to provide you with marketing information about its product;
- to notify you about services and promotions offered by POLARIS and its sponsors;
- in accordance with this Policy;
- for any other purpose communicated to you at or near the time your personal information is collected;
- as permitted or required by law;
- if we believe it necessary to provide you with a service you have requested;
- to implement our terms of service;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of another POLARIS customer, any member of the public or POLARIS;
- if some or all of the assets and operations of the business are or may be transferred to another party by way of sale of some or all of the business; or
- if you have provided your consent.
If you do not provide POLARIS with personal information as we request from you, POLARIS may be unable to provide you with the our full range of products and our services.
POLARIS may also enter into sponsorship or promotional arrangements with third parties from time to time. In doing so, POLARIS will not provide personal information about you to its sponsors or partners; however POLARIS may forward information about the products, services or promotions offered by its sponsors or partners to you.
If at any time you do not wish to be notified about the products, services or promotions offered by POLARIS sponsors please let POLARIS know. POLARIS's contact details are listed under section 9 below.
4. WILL PERSONAL INFORMATION BE GIVEN TO ANYONE ELSE?
4. WILL PERSONAL INFORMATION BE GIVEN TO ANYONE ELSE?
Your personal information is accessible by employees or contractors of POLARIS for the purposes of providing you with POLARIS services. In the circumstances described below, personal information may be disclosed outside POLARIS and outside Australia, including to group companies and/or one or more third parties with whom it has a business relationship . As at the date of this Policy, the countries to which POLARIS transfer information include the USA.
Personal information collected by POLARIS may be disclosed to third parties to whom POLARIS contracts out specialised functions (including mailing houses and printing companies).
For example, POLARIS may enter into a contractual arrangement with a secure mailing house, and it will be that third party's contractual obligation to mail out information about the relevant products, services or promotions offered by that partner.
If POLARIS does disclose personal information to third party contractors under outsourcing or contracting arrangements, POLARIS takes steps to ensure those contractors:
- Comply with the APP when they handle your personal information (regardless of whether they are a small business, and would otherwise be exempt from the Privacy Act); and
- Are authorised only to use personal information in order to provide the services or to perform the functions
5. ACCESS AND CORRECTION
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to seek access to information which POLARIS holds about you (although there are some exceptions to this). You also have the right to ask POLARIS to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
If you wish to exercise your right under the Privacy Act, to seek access to the personal information that POLARIS holds about you, POLARIS asks that you contact POLARIS's Privacy Officer (details at section 9 below), who will explain how POLARIS will handle your access request.
If you are of the view that personal information about you is not accurate, complete or up to date, please provide POLARIS's Privacy Officer with your request for correction (contact details are set out at section 9 below). POLARIS's policy is to consider any requests for correction within a reasonable period.
6. IS PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED SAFELY?
POLARIS takes steps to ensure the security of personal information held by it from such risks as loss or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure. POLARIS only permits your details to be accessed by authorised personnel, and it is a condition of employment that POLARIS's employees maintain the confidentiality of personal information.
7. NON-CUSTOMER INFORMATION
Sometimes, POLARIS needs to collect personal information about individuals who are not customers, or who are not people to whom POLARIS would generally offer its services. This will usually arise where POLARIS collects the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in one of its suppliers or clients. POLARIS's policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the business purpose for which it was collected.
8. ON-LINE PRIVACY ISSUES
Online collection of personal and non-personal information
As outlined in section 1 of this Policy, POLARIS collects personal information through its website.
The website also collects other information that may or may not be personal information. For each visitor to the POLARIS website, the POLARIS website server automatically recognises and stores your "address" (eg. your domain name or Internet protocol address), your type of Internet browser, the address of the site which "referred" you to the website and clickstream data.
Links to other websites
Sometimes the POLARIS website contains links to third party websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a non-POLARIS website, please understand that POLARIS is not responsible for the privacy practices of that site. POLARIS suggests that you review the privacy policies
9. CONTACTING POLARIS